Say Good-bye to the Treo 680 Copper

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Ed Hardy, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ohappydaye

Ohappydaye Wonder Palmstress

Mine too, and while I wasn't actually going to buy one either...I sure did like that copper. IMO it was the prettiest one. *sigh* Too bad. Guess we'll see what else Palm has coming.

2. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

I don't know if it was because it was unpopular. At CES, there were a lot of folks liking both the Copper and Alpine colors. They were different.

What I think is the more likely scenario is that there were supposed to be a limited number of each color made and the Copper just happened to meet its max faster than the others. I see it as a good thing. Shoot, with Valentines day coming, one could make the argument even that a magenta (Lord I hope not in pink) version comes out.

In any respect, oh well. I guess I will have to jump in for the Alpine one now :)

3. PatrickS

PatrickS Gadget Magnet

Yep, AT&T put pressure on Palm to get rid of it ... It reminded people too much of that nasty Cingular logo they're trying to dump!

4. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Initially I was thinking about this as well, but when I searched a bit I found a press release from AT&T clearly indicating:
    Therefor, the color remains, the brand and logo go.

Full text here ;)

5. Brian

Brian Mobile Deity

At the launch event I cringed at the copper and asked why no blue/green. Palm said it was a deep internal debate that eventually selected the colors. I lodged my formal disagreement to their choice; like that did any good. Of course as soon as I did that many people I talked to wanted the copper color, so what do I know?

6. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Ah. A deep internal debate instead of a bit of external market research? ;)

7. Andyvan

Andyvan Mobile Evangelist

And what does the ad on this very page say?

Treo 680
    SMARTPHONE

4 stylish colors

-- Andyvan

8. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

I be asking the same thing, but seeing how fickle some folks can be even when you give them a limited palette, I think they did well honestly. Since no Copper seems to be in my future, and a black one would just be smart and too easy (hint), I'll take mine in alpine white before those too are continued :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.