Samsung Galaxy S6 vs. LG G4: Battle of Android's Best

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Administrator, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Administrator

Administrator Administrator Staff Member

There isn't much room for debate that LG and Samsung lead the pack when it comes to the best Android smartphones in 2015. The LG G4 and Samsung Galaxy S6 are not only great devices, but they both dictate market trends and push mobile technology development. In addition to being two of the most convincing and attractive Android smartphones on the market, they feature greater advancements over previous iterations than what rival manufactures managed to produce.

Read the full content of this Article: http://www.brighthand.com/feature/samsung-galaxy-s6-vs-lg-g4-battle-of-androids-best/

weegie likes this.
  2. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I'd go with the LG for the flush-fit camera module, removable back, and microSD expansion. And I personally prefer the look of Optimus UI over Touchwiz.

One note is that there appears to be a real price difference even though they're both flagships; the LG is more aggressively priced everywhere I looked. Prepaid prices on US Cellular are $680 versus $510 for Samsung and LG respectively; on-contract prices are $199 and $99 (after a $100 mail-in rebate). The gap is smaller on Verizon but still present: a $50 price difference off-contract, and on-contract the S6 is $199 only after a mail-in rebate, whereas the G4 is just plain $199. On T-Mobile, it's $679 versus $599.

3. weegie

weegie Mobile Deity

Yeah the S6 doesn't do much for me really, I'm still not that enamored by amoled screens on the Note 4 or S6, I'd rate the lowly 720 iPhone 6 screen as being more to my liking with color.
    Haven't seen a G4 in person to have an opinion on any improvements over the dim and contrast-less G3 screen, would also like to try a G4 with a leather back to see if it makes the device feel a bit
    more high end and grippy, seems LG has done very well with the camera going by the positive reviews

RickAgresta likes this.
  4. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

I've seen a G4 in person and the screen is just downright breathtaking. Huge improvement over the slightly-washed-out G3, without seeming over-the-top. In my highly-subjective opinion, it was the best-looking screen in the store (in a room full of Galaxy S6s, iPhones, and Nexus 6s).

weegie and RickAgresta like this.
  5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I'm with Mitlov. I don't even think it's really close as the article seems to make it. The G4 seems better in almost every way, unless raw power is that important. I prefer the IPS screens anyway.

weegie and scjjtt like this.