Samsung Galaxy S2 - Kies Software - CDC Serial Error?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by fonduekid, Sep 27, 2011.

1. fonduekid

fonduekid Mobile Enthusiast

I installed the latest Kies software and I got this new Samsung Galaxy S2 today...

But when I try to connect through USB, I get this CDC Serial error and hence I cannot connect the phone to my PC (Windows 7 x86).

I've checked on google, but didn't come across any solution.. or did I miss it, if there is one?

Can someone please help me fix this and get the phone / PC connected?

Thanks a lot and cheers..

2. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Try uninstalling the Kies software, then reinstalling the most recent version available on the Samsung site.

3. fonduekid

Hi,

Thanks for the info..

I did that and it didn't work. I tried another 'method' posted by an user on another forum (some Samsungalaxy forum or similar), where there were some settings to be changed / played around with regarding the USB connection on the phone... It didn't work.

I went back to the uninstall / reinstall method again, and for some reason, it suddenly started working!

Now I can connect the phone to the PC...

Again, there is the next problem: The 'cannot load contacts' error when I open 'contacts' in the Kies software or when I try to Sync the contacts or when I try to import / export the contacts.

Do you have any idea how to fix this?

I tried as much as possible on Google and there is no real solution or at least I didn't find one.. the common 'solution' was that some people had to delete some contacts and then they said it started working!!

I tried it.. but I don't have any 'corrupt' contact files that would prevent the sync / import / export!

Anyway, I have the my google account sync'd with the phone.. and I am just going through my google contacts to clean up as much as possible and do the same with my contacts on my SIM.. and see if it works!! But I'm not sure...

Please do let me know if you have a solution for this :) Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers

4. fonduekid

Hi All,

Just an update: I have tried installing the Keis software on a Windows 7 x64 machine, and this time, there wasn't any CDC serial error!

BUT, I still cannot have the contacts loaded in the software, neither can I import/export with the software!

Googling reveals many users have these problems, but there seems to be no sure fix solution?!

Does anyone here have similar experience/issues and any solutions, please?

At the moment, I have the contact' in sync with my google account but I still would like to see if its possible to have the backup of the contacts in the software/PC.

Of course, I have seen suggestions where one can use an SD Card, export the contacts in .vcf format (?) and then have this file backed up to the PC, using for example just an USB connection with the storage to PC option or similar! I'm planning to get the SD card soon, but meanwhile would like to see if I can get the Kies/Contacts/Phone thing working...

By the way, I have another question: I have the contacts in sync with my Google account. But I don't seem them on the phone anymore (initially, when I put in the SIM card, I imported all the contacts from the SIM card to the phone). But then I did this 'Merge with google' and all the contacts are now in Sync with Google. I don't see them on the phone anymore.

Is it possible to have the contacts on the phone? or is it enough if the contacts remain merged with Google?

Is there any recommended (or best) contact management app for android, that allows easy back up?

Thanks a lot in advance and cheers....

5. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

Check your display options. Its possible your Contact app is set on an option that isn't displaying your Google contacts but they are still there. There is a number of filtering options available on the Contacts app, and these options include displaying only those with phone numbers, selecting filtering and displaying of Google contacts, Facebook contacts, Yahoo contacts, Twitter contacts and so on. Its possible you may have Google contacts display option turned off.