Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Hardware upgrade

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Justitia, Jan 28, 2015.

1. Justitia

Justitia Mobile Evangelist

I've been holding off on upgrading from Note 2 to Note 4 /c I read that Samsung was going to upgrade some of the hardware features some time in the new year. This is apart from the OS update.

I think it was going to be a faster processor chip and a better screen.

Can't and any reference to the hardware changes online -- just speculation that the Note 4 should be getting 5.0.1 I US very soon.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? know any more info?

2. Hook

Hook Cat and Mouse and Linux

I've never heard of an existing model getting a hardware upgrade. Usually you have to wait for the next model which Samsung cranks out yearly at about the same time. There is the Note Edge, but I don't think it is much different than the Note 4. The Note 5 or whatever should be out in the Fall of 15.

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

caught this article on xda-devs:
    http://www.xda-developers.com/samsung-galaxy-note-4-refresh/

there's a link to the information source in the article

EDIT: unless the OP is in Korea, not much good news:

Hook likes this.
  4. Justitia

Justitia Mobile Evangelist

Yes -- this was the article I read. I thought it was longer ago than the date listed on it (Dec 29) but sometimes sites update the "post-date" to make it seem like the article is newer than it really is.

But that'sit... And your quote is suggestive that the revamped Note 4 won't be sold outside Korea.

But I was just wondering if anyone heard of anything since that article?

5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

IMHO (seriously), there's always something new around the corner / in a few months / soon. If we always waited, we'd never get anything new... That said, I can understand the appeal of wanting the hardware upgrade. However, if those 2 articles (one, really) are correct, and it won't be available outside of the Korean market, then even if you grab one and it works with your carrier, you'd be paying full retail -- I'm guessing that since you have the Note 2, you're due for a carrier-subsidized upgrade. The other thing is, is the capability of the 4 with the upgraded hardware going to be truly useful, for you? If you have an unlimited data plan, a *great* LTE signal, and don't use wifi at home, then maybe. in my situation, even if I had an unlimited data plan, with the not very good data signal I have at home, at best, the upgraded hardware would be nice to have, but would be much lower on the priority list than color choice (which is pretty low on my list to start with). just my 2¢

weegie, scjjtt and Hook like this.