Running an old game on my TX?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by grantorinosport, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grantorinosport

grantorinosport Mobile Evangelist

I have an old game from my Palm IIIxe days called "Dark Haven" that I have always enjoyed. Since moving to the TX, I can not play it anymore. Like many of those old games prior to NVFS, they just don't run on new devices like the TX, etc.

Is there an emulator or "fix" out there that I just have not ran across?

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I haven't seen a stand-alone emulator for old PalmOS games (or apps). But OS5 itself has such emulator built-in to be able to run pre-OS5 programs. I run a few old games with no problems on my TX (SpyHunter, PLander, etc), but I've also seen many that won't run.

What problem you see when trying to run your games? Does the TX crash? If so, could be that the program needs to be locked in cache (because it's not NVFS-aware). Try using RescoLocker to lock the game in cache and test again.

If the game itself crashes or refuses to run, then I don't know how to fix this problem. Have you searched for newer versions or similar games from other developers?

3. grantorinosport

grantorinosport Mobile Evangelist

Raspabalsa -

RescoLock worked like a charm!

I had that on my TX for some time now, but never really used it for anything. (I purchased a package from Resco, it was just an extra thing).

Thanks! I'll have to try some other old programs as well.

4. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

You're welcome. I'm glad it worked for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.