Hello all! Probably this isn't news at all, but I'd like to share my experience rooting my Galaxy Player 5.0 with SuperOneClick. I very recently became aware of this method, and the reason I think it deserves its own thread is that it's so easy and fool-proof to apply that it may convince users to go ahead and root their devices (it did convince me!). Also, Hook asked me to detail the procedure Here's some of my Player's tech data: Model: YP-G70 Firmware version: 2.3.5 Kernel version: 18.104.22.168-G70UEKI8-CL566269 Build number: GINGERBREAD.UEKI8 First of all, I had to reinstall Samsung USB drivers, even though my computer has Kies installed (I installed it when I got my Galaxy Mini). I was able to use the Mass Media Storage function without problems, but when I activated USB debugging mode the compuTer would fail to install the proper USB drivers. New Samsung drivers that work for the Player can be downloaded from XDA-developers here. Second, for some unknown-to-me reason a newer version I found (SuperOneClick v2.3.3) would fail at rooting my Player. The program would freeze a few seconds into the root process. After a quick scan of this thread at XDA I decided to try an older release: version 2.2, available at XDA's SuperOneClick thread. This is the one that succeeded. After that, it's all downhill. First, unmount the SD card (Settings -> SD card and device storage -> Unmount SD card). I have to admit I don't know why this is needed, and I haven't read through the 40+ pages in the thread, so I'll just take it as an article of faith. After the procedure is done, it's easy to remount the card, just follow the same route, and the final message will now read "Mount SD card". Then enable USB debugging mode on the Player (Settings -> Applications -> Development -> place checkmark in "USB debugging"), connect the Player to the PC, and launch SuperOneClick. This program must be launched with Administrator privileges, and although mine already had them, better launch it by right-clicking the icon, selecting "Run as Administrator". Finally, click the big "Root" button. The procedure took about 2 minutes on my Player, and in the end the Player was successfully rooted. I had no problem (other than the USB drivers) with this method. However, I've read that sometimes the program will fail to detect the connected phone. In this cases it's recommended to disable USB debugging and enabling it again. More information about this can be found in the threads I link to above. That's it. The Player can now use Ad-Free, Titanium Backup, and all the other cool root-only programs.