RIP Fictionwise and ereader

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by questionfear, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Chet L.

Chet L. Mobile Deity

I received another email from B&N with another redemption code for transferring books from ereader to my nook account. I followed the link and redeemed the code and amazingly enough a total of 320 books were added to my nook account. I haven't compared the book lists yet to see what has not transferred, but this is much better results than the first time around.:)

2. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Lets hope we all have your experience soon!

RickAgresta likes this.
  3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I decided to give the transfer a shot, used the B&N email link and have been waiting for another email with whatever comes next for 4 days now. :(

4. Chet L.

Chet L. Mobile Deity

Don't give up hope, I first used the email link on the 16th and got the follow-up email on the 28th. It might have been faster if my Fictionwise/ereader accounts weren't under a different email than my B&N account. The different email addresses caused some confusion according to yesterdays email. I ended up changing the email address on my B&N account to match the Fictionwise accounts. I then changed it back after the books transferred.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  5. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

I used the email link on the 18th, never got the follow up code email I was promised (or anything else from either ereader or B&N). Nor did I get the fresh transfer email some got this week. My b&n account and ereader account use the same email address. A day or so ago, I dug up the old email and tried again, just in case. It still promised to send a code later (less specifically 'in the coming weeks' rather than 'the week of the 19th'), but none has come yet.

I strongly recommend giving up hope. Less chance of disappointment at the very least.

DTM likes this.
  6. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Yes, it does appear you were correct. luckily, I have my books backed up and I have Calibre, because at this point i will get nothing out of B&N. Somehow, gestures that fail are almost worse than no gesture at all.

DTM likes this.
  7. DTM

DTM ---

I finally got the code and got it to work, in a sense. It connected to my B&N account and set up the transfer. But nothing transferred. As I mentioned earlier, it was just one book that I don't much care about, so no real loss. Except to B&N's reputation.

I still like my Nook, and I'll still buy their books, but they can forget about my trusting them to maintain my library.

RickAgresta and hal like this.
  8. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

Not that all the Nooks and cheap Android tablets are all gone and sold out in the local K-Mart. What's left are discounted notebooks with Windows 8. Is the display trying to tell me something?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD

9. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Just curious... did you even bother to read the thread before you posted? :rolleyes:

RickAgresta likes this.
  10. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Everything moved for me, and rather quickly, once I got my code. But by then I just wanted it moved on principle. I am more than a little fed up with the whole situation and feel that B&N really borked it with poor communication throughout.

That's what annoys me at least. I understand (and in fact have advocated for a while) that shutting down ereader and fictionwise made sense-the ebook world is competitive, NOOK was the brand that they were using for the most publicity, so just focus as much money and effort towards NOOK as possible. But I would have thought that since this was their in-house transition they could have done it without royally ****ing it all up!

RickAgresta, DTM and Hook like this.