Reward: recover my Datebook

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Ben Stallings, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Ben Stallings

Ben Stallings Newbie

Hello, Handspring aficionados! I had a Visor Deluxe ten years ago and used its Datebook app as a journal during a trip. Five years ago I still had access to the Palm Desktop software and got about half the journal entries out, but then I got distracted and didn't finish. I still have the datebook.dat file, but no longer have an OS that can run that version of Palm Desktop to open the file.

If you have a working install of Palm Desktop suitable for a Visor Deluxe and can open the file and export the data for me, I will pay you US$10 for your trouble. Thank you in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you!

2. greenshoe

greenshoe Mobile Enthusiast

I hope you still have it! I had a similar problem which I resolved. originally it seemed my backup was corrupt but i saved the files anyway. Somehow, it started working again and i was able to access my journals and contacts.

HOWEVER, I was prepared to get on without it if I was unable to recover, because i found that the files are simple enough that you can open them in a text editor. Especially for your daily journals, this may be an easier option though potentially time consuming. the text is right there in the file.

I don't have palm desktop installed now, but I would be happy to do this for you when I do because I will have it installed soon.

3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, greenshoe. :vbsmile:

OP posted and then abandoned his only post 18 months ago. Poster never returned so I doubt that offering him assistance will be fruitful. :vbfrown: