Review of the Moto G Stylus (I've heard that Internetpilot is now very Stylish)

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by internetpilot, Apr 17, 2020.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Agree! I was just thinking that the other night (I, too, have a non-self-cleaning kitchen①)

"self-cleaning kitchen" rightfully is one of Hook's pieces of intellectual property

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    lelisa13p, Hook, scjjtt and 1 other person like this.
  3. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

"My new phone is awkwardly large" said no one ever. I mean, you're either looking for a large phone and buy one or you're not. No stereo sound is a bit of a disappointment, but reading on I quickly got over it when I saw that it still has expandable storage, headphone jack, and USB-C. I'd be REALLY happy if they had wireless charging, but at this point I'm pretty much used to not having it.

raspabalsa, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  4. RickAgresta

Wellllllll, that's how I wound up w/ my S5; the Note 3 version that was out at the same time was just too big for me…

5. internetpilot

The screen on the Note 3 was only 5.7"! Seriously, though -- I remember that my 5.5" Note II was considered a "phablet" because it was so "huge".

The iPhone 12 Pro Max has a 6.7" screen. The Moto G Stylus 5G has an (apparently) AWKWARDLY LARGER 6.8" screen. That 0.1" apparently allows for the stylus silo, expandable storage tray, and a headphone jack, and a 4th camera lens, all which are missing from the much more tiny iPhone 12 Pro Max. No one seems to be calling the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra (6.9" screen) awkwardly large, and it doesn't even have the 4th camera or a headphone jack.

6. RickAgresta

Just sayin' :vbrolleyes:

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

That train left the station a looooong time ago. :newpalm:

8. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

I remember, much as I loved my Nexus one and later my Nexus 5, my Nexus 6p was the first phone I ever had that I felt it was maybe big enough. Maybe. :vbgrin:

It actually goes back to my Palm days where I was so happy for a TX size screen (even then I wanted bigger).

9. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

*HC comforts his Note 20 Ultra* There, there now... you are not awkwardly large. You are perfect just the way you are!

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, Hook, scjjtt and 4 others like this.
  10. internetpilot

Hard to believe I remember being perfectly happy with a Palm Tungsten T|C screen with it's WAY before its time 1:1 square "Instagram" style screen perspective. AND it had a stylus, expandable storage, and a headphone jack. Sigh...those were the days....

Incidentally, I still have my T|C and it still works. Of course, I have to dumb down the security on one of my wifi routers to get online with it, but it still works!

lelisa13p, Hook, jigwashere and 3 others like this.