Review of the Moto G Stylus (I've heard that Internetpilot is now very Stylish)

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by internetpilot, Apr 17, 2020.

1. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

HC, it's interesting that for a Smart TV, you don't need Dex, but for a computer you do. What about the Smart TV allows that? Is it a specific software protocol? I'd have figured it was just using the display portion, and the phone was just another input. Is it specific to certain Smart TVs? It really ought to be something that's onboard the phone and just uses the display, whether passed through a computer or to a TV.

DLNA was supposed to be some kind of universal standard for using and displaying media, but I don't know if that would cover something like what you describe. I know AirPlay also can share media to the newer Smart TVs, which is really cool. No wires, instant playing of most media. Unfortunately, I don't think any of my TVs are new enough. I think I read some Roku players are also compatible, but haven't seen that or tried it myself.

2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

As I don't have a SMARTTV, I can't say for sure. But I do believe that it uses Miracast.

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

3. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Hook, headcronie, Tom LaPrise and 2 others like this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

5. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Mine still seems to be working fine. Fingers crossed holding my stylus.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

6. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

I saw that rumor on the 5G Stylus as well. I didn't (and likely won't short of something immediate and tragic) upgrade to the 2021 Stylus, but now that I've switched SIMs from Sprint to T-Mobile, I simply cannot let my traiterous iOS family members have all the benefits and fun of T-Mobile without me.

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

My bright hand widget shortcut disappeared along with all of the shortcut widgets I had for calling various contacts. It's at times like this I really wish I still used Nova launcher since that would back everything up.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

internetpilot, scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  8. internetpilot

Just curious, why aren't you using Nova Launcher now? I understand why you weren't before, but with the latest Android updates gestures now work again. I'm using them.

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I don't remember. Probably lazy. And now that I have to fix everything, might as well do it in Nova Launcher. JISS (jig is slow sometimes)

10. internetpilot

Actually, I'm really surprised that it's not IDKATAA (Internetpilot Didn't Know About This At All).