Review of the Moto G Stylus (I've heard that Internetpilot is now very Stylish)

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by internetpilot, Apr 17, 2020.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Why don't I know about this? Senility or did I just miss this?

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I can't even find anything or pics of that on the internet. It was great - everything worked.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

HC, so you need Dex or the feature on Motorola to do what you describe? I've always wondered why Android or iOS didn't offer the ability to to what you describe built in. The Motorola Atrix comes up here every now and then, which kind of mucked up the idea by switching to a different interface when you plugged in the phone, which always seemed needlessly complicated to me, but Android was much less developed at that time.

scjjtt, I don't recall that about the Centro either. Was it a built in feature or an app? The screen appeared on the monitor just as it looks on the handheld? Pretty cool. Was that the only Palm that did it? As I recall, the Centro was just a smaller 700-series Palm.

raspabalsa, Hook, scjjtt and 2 others like this.
  4. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

So, if you've got a SMART TV, no software bundle needed for Samsung. You just wirelessly connect to the TV and you've got your desktop mode on display for everyone to see. You control your display and actions through the phone, or through a BT keyboard & mouse. If on a computer, you do need to install the DEX companion software. That's the only real difference. I can't speak for the Motorola experience in any way. Never seen it. I forgot that Apple has something kinda similar to it, but it's one app at a time, and is a mirror of what's on your iphone / ipad screen and lacks the ability to receive input from an attached computer AFAIK. There's not really much comparison.

5. scjjtt

Ed - yes, a pic of the Centro was on the desktop. It was about the same size or bigger than the Centro - probably bigger because it was easy to see & read.

I only used it with the Centro - I don't know if it worked with any other Palms. There might have been an App that enabled it.

I am always amazed at everyone at B.H. - remembering past technology - my brain has a low memory level & if I'm not using something - out it goes.

6. scjjtt

Another update

[​IMG]

headcronie and Hook like this.
  7. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

I just now got had the Android 11 update pop up on my G8 Power. Waiting for it to install

EDIT: Everything went smoothly. First reboot was a little longer than usual but not unresonable. Already have Android 11 (and May 2021 security update) on my Pro 1 so no real surprises.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    headcronie and scjjtt like this.
  8. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I was told I had to enter my PIN, after an overnight restart -- huh!? it was my security update, for April.

headcronie and scjjtt like this.
  9. scjjtt

headcronie likes this.
  10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

you broke tomsguide, Scott.....

Down For: 21 hours
    DOWN Tomsguide.com is DOWN for everyone.
    It is not just you. The server is not responding.

EDIT2:
    if interested in reading about the new tech, see here:
    Motorola Is Working On Smartphones That Can Charge Over the Air (gizmodo.com)

Last edited: May 13, 2021
    scjjtt and headcronie like this.