Review of the Moto G Stylus (I've heard that Internetpilot is now very Stylish)

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by internetpilot, Apr 17, 2020.

1. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

I woke up to a notification that this had downloaded and wanted to be installed this morning.

Actually, I really woke up to my phone screaming at me that someone was at my Google Nest Doorbell at such an early hour that I'm now looking into my Do-Not-Disturb settings/options in the Nest app. I'm hoping there's a "This is way too early/late to be ringing this doorbell" announcement message. Although I'm pretty sure my dogs would bark like the bloodthirsty killers they're NOT regardless of whether or not the doorbell chime works. But I digress...

And...Android 10 gestures still do NOT work with Nova Launcher, even with the December security update. I haven't looked into it thoroughly though -- there may be something more I have to do (like connecting my phone to my PC and issue some ADB command). I've also heard rumor that Action Launcher has Android 10 gestures working now, so I might investigate that.

Screenshot_20210219-084225.png

2. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

IP, I'd vote for a mild shock when someone rings the doorbell before something like 9 am, unless they're expected.

3. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Curious. Why just "mild"?

4. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Agreed. Heck, even during normal hours, if someone knocks on our door now my son jumps about 30 feet and then dives for his mask...we're not used to visitors around here clearly.

5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

IP, I'm trying to be humane, which is unusual for me!

RickAgresta, scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.
  6. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Anyone else getting a beautiful purple light radiating softly from your phone when you access it? I checked Mrs scjjtt's & it is happening on hers too. It looks exactly like the back of the phone. It is only on for a couple of seconds.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, jigwashere and Hook like this.
  7. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Yes, noticed it just this morning in my Moto G8 Power. Very weird. I'm not aware of any kind of software update. :vbconfused:

8. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Well, I found the setting that makes it happen. It's Settings -> Display ->Advanced-> Peek Display. When you tap Peek Display there is another Settings button. Tap that and at the bottom is "Animated Background" which is turned on. If you turn it off, you no longer get the purple animation on the peek screen.

I certainly never turned that on and I've never seen the purple animation before. My guess is that it was turned on by the last update, but they only just now provided an animation for it to use, but that's sort of creepy that they can send content to my phone without alerting me about an update. I've turned it off, but I doubt that prevents them form sending me an Xmas peek animation, for instance.:vbrolleyes:

lelisa13p, headcronie and scjjtt like this.
  9. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

*purple notification blinks slowly at you*
    *checks notification*

"We've been trying to reach you about your vehicle's extended warranty..."

10. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Well I think it is cool & pretty - I'll keep on!

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk