Review of the Moto G Stylus (I've heard that Internetpilot is now very Stylish)

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by internetpilot, Apr 17, 2020.

1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I don't see a discount for T Mobile customers, but it could be embedded in the Sprint option. For existing Sprint customers, it's $50 off. But, maybe you could qualify as a NEW Sprint customer and pay only $150 for the phone. Just port your T Mobile number, then sit back and wait for the merger to complete.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

2. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Help - I need Marriage Intervention

Last night Mrs scjjtt said that I could go ahead & get the Moto G Stylus. I told her that it doesn't look like we could get the $50 discount. She said that if I need it I should get it. I told her that I really didn't need it & $600 would still be a lot of money. She said I could get it & she would see if she would like it. But I protested that we've always got the same phone together & she said, "I might go with an _______."

I can't even say the word. Where have I've gone wrong? I've already lost to the dark side our oldest daughter & her family and my son & his wife. My sister even went to the dark side years ago & took my parents down with her (don't get me started on that - my mother absolutely hates her phone, which she would, in all honesty, hate any smartphone - but now my father's _______ won't receive any pics I send him & the problem is - I can't help them!).

It appears that only our 2nd oldest daughter & her husband are the last to not go to the dark side but now my wife is contemplating it? I need help!

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, RickAgresta, Hook and 3 others like this.
  3. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

I'm no help. The dear wife betrayed me over a year ago with an _______ XR, and I've been stuck with trying to make it as "Google" as possible for her. The available Google apps in that other app store helped, and using the Google Keyboard helped a ton, but in the end there's no denying/avoiding it -- it's still a _______. It's now just my extremely wise middle son and I who are still on Android (both Moto too). The rest of the family has $1,000+ _______ all on my Sprint account and they all constantly ask me for help with issues. I've gotten to the point where I just hold up my Moto phone in the air, twist it around randomly, and put it back in my pocket saying, "Mine is working."

Good luck. The betrayal cuts deep.

4. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Mrs R always gets me with that line ;) :D :D

And with that one too :D

Uh-oh... that's some serious trouble... I get the shivers just seeing that blank line!

Clearly, you're not listening to your wife and complying soon enough. The same conversation could have gone like this:

Mrs scjjtt: If you need it, you should get it.
    scjjtt: Yes, my dear! Right away!
    << end of conversation >>

It's really hard for me to read the rest of your post, Scott. Too many blank lines in it :D

EDIT: Just saw IP's reply coming in as I wrote mine. More blank lines! < uncontrollable shivering > . Must go get some fresh air and erase those lines from my memory. See y'all! :hi:

lelisa13p, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.
  5. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Thanks Raspy & IP - you counsel has caused me to laugh even in such a serious conversation!

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.
  6. internetpilot

I am almost positive I saw the same $50 discount for T-Mobile, but when I just checked it's not there. I noticed it because having pre-ordered the phone for full price (which was the only option) and then like a week before it was released they advertised the activation discount (thanks, Best Buy) it was like a triple whammy for me because T-Mobile, Sprint, and new Sprint lines all offered a discount.

Anyway, I tried Graffiti Pro for you and it worked great! Well, my testing of it didn't go so well after I realized that I didn't remember a lot of Graffiti (like how to do an "e" or a "k", etc.) -- haha. It hurt restoring that data from deep backup storage memory in my brain (I'm pretty sure it was even on floppy disk), but I finally remembered most of it. When I installed it, there was a pop up that said something like "This app was written for an older version of Android and may not work properly. Contact your developer for a newer version." In the GP dev's defense, I get that message a lot after restoring all the apps from my Moto G5S Plus (on Oreo) to the Moto G Stylus (Android 10), so I wasn't surprised and it seemed to work fine during my brief testing of it. Incidentally, the Google Handwriting "keyboard" works very well, too, and is an easy switch from the GBoard on the fly (one button). It's not going to be automatic until Moto or a 3rd-party figures out how to tell GBoard to automatically switch to Handwriting when the silo senses the stylus has been removed.

7. internetpilot

Updated the original review with a blurb about bluetooth (which again has been excellent so far).

8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

iPhones are superior to Android phones in most respects, not to mention their longevity. The new iPhone SE looks amazing, especially for the cost. Don't be such crybabies. :D

Mi An, lelisa13p, RickAgresta and 2 others like this.
  9. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

Hook contemplates reporting this post-- but then remembers that a certain librian and super-moderater also uses a ____________________. :vbeek: :vbgrin: :vbrolleyes:

10. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

If I weren't me, I would've reported me. ;)

lelisa13p, scjjtt, Hook and 1 other person like this.