Review of the F(x) Tec Pro1 Keyboard Slider Smartphone (2019)

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by Hook, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

Sorry the trouble has been ongoing, but it would have been pretty cool back in the day to talk to Jeff Hawkins about a digitizer.

What I want to know is just what kind of halloween parties was Hookette at this year... wait, I take it back. I don't want to know. :eek:

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Hookette is anxious to slip into a Pro1X because she knows as soon as I get it the Pro1 is going to become both experimental guinea pig and learning lab. :vbeek: :vbwink::vbcool:

Fingers crossed, I might have found another variable. The demons were here, then I found that the horizontal bottom of the screen, the part that clicks back against the surface behind the keyboard, had a gap between the screen frame and the screen backplate. It's possible I introduced that gap when I put the screen back together although I though I had really made sure that I had snapped all around. That is the hardest edge to do because the hinge restricts angle of access. But I pressed where I knew the clips were, got a couple of snaps and powered up and the demons are gone. I just typed this whole post on my pro1.

I'll have wait 24 hours before being sure. Yesterday it took 3 hours for the demons to come back rushing in.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  3. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Sadly, no go. Took only 2 hours and 45 minutes for the demons to come back with a new symptom. Aside from phantom touches setting things off, it started registering actual touches elsewhere on the screen, so if I tapped for network settings I got display settings, for example. Took me 5 or 10 minutes to figure out how to get the phone to register the power off option.

I give up. There is something truly fundamentally wrong with this display and I will await it's replacement, as painful as it is to go back to using just a slab. Don't get me wrong. The Moto G8 Power is a very nice slab. But it is just a slab.