Revenge of the $99 Android tablets.

Discussion in 'Netbooks, Tablets, Slates and eReaders' started by Adama D. Brown, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

So I'm not sure if folks here have seen this, but there's a new entrant into the $99 Android tablet market. This one is a little different though, in that it's actually credible as a tablet. The Hisense Sero 7 Lite packs in a dual core processor, 4 gigs of memory, and the full Android ecosystem. I have one in hand right now working on a review for TabletPCReview, and it's actually not bad. Some cut corners--no GPS, no Bluetooth, no rear camera, stuff like that--but it's running almost pure Android 4.1, almost no crapware, and it's fast and easy to use. I'm also going to do a review of the slightly more expensive Sero 7 Pro model: quad core processor, GPS, rear camera, Bluetooth, NFC, etc. for $149.
    scjjtt likes this.
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta boldly battling the XenForo-ces {squeek!!}

Thanks Adama, Looking forward to the article(s)
  3. r0k

r0k Dazed

I loved my iPad and more recently my iPad mini. I dabbled in Android-ness with a Samsung GP5. What a disappointment that thing was with its low resolution and gingerbread software. I also dabbled with a Sylvania tablet that was so awful I immediately sold it at a loss on ebay. I've considered a Nexus 7 (the $200 one). For now, I get my Android fix through the free to me (through work) but rather mediocre Moto Razr M. A $99 tablet that isn't a waste of money is of interest to me and since it's a "spare" machine, I can live without bluetooth and all the other bells and whistles that would cost an extra fifty bucks.
    scjjtt likes this.