Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brian, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian

Brian Mobile Deity

Right, but a troll will have a rep of 0, no net effect. We can raise the bar to get points as well if it's an issue.

2. Curious Cat

Curious Cat Mobile Deity Super Moderator

I think it's fantastic that Brain would even consider a change with regards to the "Rep" feature. I've already stated my reservations about it but I (we) am new to this forum and I believe in the "when in Rome do as the Romans do" saying, so let's see how it works. Maybe we could do a poll later to voice our opinions. Personally, I'm not worried about the troll issue, it's more that members may try to be popular instead of objective.

I guess if I get a lot of good feedback I won't complain. :D

3. New Cell

New Cell Unleashed Enigma

I totally agree.......with fighting back!
    I have learned a valuble lesson in one case.... Never rely on a single individual for information to pass on the internet, when they are not in control........
    Especially when it concerns new smartphone release dates...
    "Past due" dates, lead to frustration on members waiting for the truth......that inturn leads to written post condemning certain members..........
    It brings people distant rather than together with a common bond......
    We all want to move forward and bumps in the road will always slow us down. We must keep this in mind...........n/c

4. cmthmpsn

cmthmpsn Mobile Deity

The reason I was thinking that seeing details of others' Rep Power was like on eBay Feedback. If someone's Rep Power is low, is it because they are new or because they are full of crap? But since it appears we all start out with a 1, I guess that probably means someone with a 0 is someone whose advice I might want to get a second opinion on. If they really get a lot of negative Rep postings, can their Rep Power go negative?

5. New Cell

New Cell Unleashed Enigma

That is a good point...... But once again not my call. Perhaps their gray square box will not turn green...;)......n/c

6. JGB_PA

JGB_PA Mobile Evangelist

Hey Bokkie ...... Did you bone up on this part of the forum manual???? Never hurts to be prepared.....:p Would it be considered double jeopardy?

Ban User
    To prevent a user from viewing any page of your board, go to Users > Ban User.[​IMG]

To ban a user, specify:

• User Name – the name of the user to ban.
    • Move User to Usergroup – the usergroup to move this user to. This usergroup should have reduced permissions, if any at all.Note:

Only usergroups that are specified as banned groups will be displayed here.
    • Life Ban After... – the ban’s length. This ranges from 1 day to 2 years to permanent.

7. bokkie

bokkie Mobile Deity

That's too heavy, man!

At least now we know how it's done!;):D

8. jonasolof

jonasolof Mobile Deity

Doesn't look like it:D

9. Chan Eil Fhios

Chan Eil Fhios Mobile Deity

Hey, I voted for you. I appreciate intelligent discussion. Hard to have that if everyone always agrees with each other.

10. Nora

Nora Mobile Evangelist

One more question. In my CP, I have a few votes, but I don't understand the color of the square next to the votes, which in my list are red, green, and gray. I believe that red is for votes that disapprove of my post (surmised because one red vote included "OT crap") and green is for approval, but what is the gray square? If I click on the crumpled paper ;), I only see approve or disapprove.

Nora

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.