Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Brian, Aug 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmthmpsn

cmthmpsn Mobile Deity

Ok, I see it on my screen now. It's grey, not green, so I don't think it's registered as favorable.

Can we see the details of other people's reps? Or do we just get to see the overall in the posts? I think it would be helpful to sometimes see what people say about each other in their reputation, not just in posts.

Christina

2. fermi337

fermi337 Mobile Deity

What type of powers do you gain with a higher rep power?

3. Brian

Brian Mobile Deity

No powers, just street cred.

As for seeing the rep left for others, at the moment this is a private thing. There may be a way to modify this, but I'm not sure if people want their feedback to be public.

4. reinbeau

reinbeau Mobile Deity

I agree, Brian, I can't see very much upside to letting the public see other's rep. On the other hand, knowing that people are giving your accolades or dings might help keep you on the straight and narrow - that is if you care about your 'rep'.

In a past life some of my fellow riders used to wear a patch that said DILLIGAF? I always wore one that said IGAF.

5. bokkie

bokkie Mobile Deity

Ann, please explain. I presume it's some kind of acronym?

6. Neil

Neil Mobile Deity

Definition here. Looks like one of the words has been censored, though ;)

7. bokkie

bokkie Mobile Deity

Neil, I don't get the censored word f**k.

I tried fisk, fink, flik, falk, ferk, fack, feck, fark, fork but nothing seems to fit.

As Mickey Mouse said to Minnie: **** it! I never did like that duck!:D

8. reinbeau

reinbeau Mobile Deity

Thatwould be it :) Note I said 'past life'. That would be Biker Daze. I still miss the bike, though. Should have kept the Harley and sold the (first) husband! :D Ah, but I digress. Good thing this is the Off-Topic forum!

On a more serious note, I really do like the fact you've got this forum. I think lots of our rambunctiousness will be better suited here.

9. Neil

Neil Mobile Deity

I don't want to say it too loudly, as it is a family-friendly forum, but it was "flying haddock" - like XP's password-obscuring asterisks, the number of asterisks in the quotation was designed to mislead.

As Ann said, this is a term which bikers use, relating back to the legendary Harley Davidson "Flying Haddock" low-rider. Harley advertised these machines by offering one free for every 100 bikes sold. However, dealers did not take them up on this, as it was their profit margins at stake. As such, when a prospective customer came in to ask whether he was customer #100 or not, the dealer would respond "DILLIGAF", meaning that, even if they were customer #100, they would have to pay the same as everyone else.

10. reinbeau

reinbeau Mobile Deity

There are different color tags in the Reputation listing in the User CP. What do they mean?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.