Removing Tile from "home page"

Discussion in 'Windows Phone' started by Jerry_NJ, May 18, 2015.

1. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Have Windows on a Nokia and would like to remove a tile that somehow got planted on my "home page" or desktop may be what it is called. I have not tried to look up the answer in the on-phone manual, thought I'd try here first to remain somewhat active here.

Thanks

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Jerry, you may be the only current Windows Phone user; sorry, no clue w.r.t. your question...

3. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  4. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks, Hook, just what I needed, I registered for the news letter. There I learned about the "long press" a touch world equivalent of the double click in the mouse world to my mind.

It is disappointing to read the Windows Phone has so little following. I was/am aware of Android (sp?) but use Windows 8.1 on my newest laptop...well that too says something about me....a man from the past.

5. RickAgresta

Jerry, you're ahead of most of us, regarding Windows -- I'm on 7, as I think most Windows users are. Some few of us here use Linux, others use Apple. I'm waiting until Win 10 comes out, personally.

6. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Rick, Thanks makes me feel better/relevant. Of topic, I am takiing a couple hour course/discussion on Ubuntu Thursday and may use this OS as a replacement or alternate boot for a XP Media on an old Dell desktop that barely runs and a reload of XP isn't an option, imo.

7. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

So now that I know how to remove tiles, how do I add one or put one back.

The phone came with a tile linked to the photo folder. I wanted to change the photo in that tile and removed the tile now I can not figure out how to put that tile back...now I have neither a photo tile nor any tile to take me to the photo folder.

8. RickAgresta

To my uninformed eye, it looks like the link Hook provided might help but I've never used WinPhone, so I'm just guessing

9. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Thanks, I found the way. Left swipe on desktop give list of applications, one being photos, long touch gives option tp pin to desktop. Haven't yet figured how to pick a photo to be pasted on that tile.

10. Jerry_NJ

Jerry_NJ Mobile Deity

Rick, back for another question, but first is there a Westie in one of your rotating pictures on the laptop/signature?

Well, anyone, why don't I find a phone mini headphone jack on
    my Nokia 635-something... oops, check before posting, I found it. But, haven't been here for a while, so I'll post to say "hi" and ask the West Highlands White Terrier (Westie) question. We had one and loved him. Small Lyon-hearted terrier.