Reconciling datebook data, etc. between Evolution and Jpilot

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by Dngrsone, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dngrsone

Dngrsone One Serious Wiku

Here's my issue-- I have a Palm T|X which I would like to sync to my Ubuntu (9.10) laptop wirelessly on a regular basis (say when going to bed at night). I can do so with Evolution, but not with Jpilot (for one thing, I'd have to have Jpilot running and hit the stupid sync button in the app).

I use the calendar in Jpilot, as well as the Keyring plugin, as I can't seem to find any way to sync my T|X's keyring with the one owned and operated by Ubuntu.

I am currently using the Gnome-pilot app in my toolbar for drag-and-drop installation to the PDA, which is far more convenient for me.

So, as I mentioned in the subject line, I want to reconcile the Jpilot calendar and other apps with the Evolution versions-- I do use Jpilot to add appointments and such, but then I have to hunt down a USB cable to sync the PDA to it in order to get those appointments into the T|X. I would much rather just hit the sync icon on the PDA and do it wirelessly.

So, once again I ask for help, suggestions, opinions and the like, knowing full well I am asking too much from too few who have little to no interest in my silly and altogether specific circumstances.

2. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

I feel your pain. I'm still running J-Pilot and Evolution, but I find myself using J-Pilot less and less. I'm using Pyring, which will take Keyring files directly, and not syncing. I've pretty much given up on my Lifedrive. Pyring also runs on my Nokia N800, and while I can't do an actual sync between it and my EEE PC, I can import files, then delete duplicates, so it's a manual sync, not automatic. I can live with it. My current problem is that I can't find the $*&#* charge cable for my Lifedrive and the battery is too low to sync. I can live with that, too, because the Palm no longer essential for me. The N800 runs GarnetVM, and the Palm programs I really need run on it, plus it does much, much more than the Lifedrive. Palm is so far behind the power curve it has become more than obsolete.

If you need help finding Pyring, let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.