Reading documents on Palm TX?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by siskiou, Nov 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I've heard great things about iSilo. You might also take a peak at Plucker/SunriseXP. Links are in my signature line.

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

iSilo is my favorite reader. It has a converter that runs on Windows (iSiloX) which lets you create your own ebooks. One of my favorite features in iSilo is that you can create color schemes. I love in bed with the lights off, and red letters over a black blackground makes for an excellent combination that does not strain the eyes.

Also, you do not absolutely need to purchase iSilo. Once the shareware period is over you can switch it to "Free Mode" (see under Menu -> Options -> Mode). In this mode iSilo can be used for free indefinitely, but most of the features that make it worthy are disabled: Hyperlinks, images, color, bookmarks, etc.

3. siskiou

siskiou Mobile Deity

And I think I've just found my favorite document reader, and it's even free!
    Palmfiction!
    It was mentioned on another site, and I have no idea why it doesn't come up during google searches (at least not for me).

This one manages to wrap my documents without having to do any converting, and can handle txt, doc, rtf, html etc.
    It's very configurable and it will save me from having to manually convert a ton of documents one by one.
    Just throw them on the SD card, go into the settings and tell it how you want your paragraphs etc, handled, set the background and text color and whatever else you want, and there you go!
    For the html docs, tell it to clear the html tags, and they look great!

I'm happy! :)

4. jamstyle

jamstyle Newbie

Cant find the download for this reader (iSilo) you mentioned. Can you post the download link? Thanks

5. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.