Raycasting Engine for Wolfenstein 3D like games

Discussion in 'Games (Palm OS)' started by ericquag, Aug 22, 2011.

1. ericquag

ericquag Mobile Enthusiast

Hi all,

After some weeks working on a realtime 3D engine using raycasting technique, I have published my work.
    You can download the source code and the map editor or you can simply download the PRC file and play with.
    I have started this project because I was curious about such a technique, and finally I have made a full project, maybe I will take time to make a game with that code.
    On a Tungsten T3 the frame rate is quite good (about 13 fps) with the midi music enabled.

Direct link:

PDA-FX : Raycasting Engine

Resized screenshots of maps:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The HUD...

[​IMG]

Best regards,
    Eric

2. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Not quite sure what this is? Is it just scenes from a game, like a movie trailer?

I'd give it a shot if it won't ruin my LifeDrive (different screen size).

3. ericquag

HI,

Absolutly no. Did you take a look to all related pages on my website?
    This is a realtime 3D engine, the movies on my web pages have been taken from the Palm OS simulator while moving in the map. But this is not a full game.
    In fact, this code can be used for making a 3D game. In the download section you can download the PRC file and try that 3D engine that is provided with five maps. I did not started making a full game because I don't know if that makes sense today making such a game for Palm OS... but this is a full application (I'm waiting answers from other developers to start a more advanced project).

The main form has been declared with a fixed size (160x160, 320x320 for double resolution), so you should not encounter any problem with the lifedrive display, but I can understand you don't want crash your device (from lifreDrive specification: The Life Drive has the same 320 x 480 transflective color display capable of displaying 65,000 colors found on the recent Palm Tungsten T5).
    Once again, some friends will answer me about that point. The code has been successfully tested on E2 and T3 (portrait and landscape mode).

Best regards,
    Eric

4. ericquag

Hi,

As it is described in my first post: this is not a game but a work around realtime 3D engine (wolfenstein like):

You may share some of your graphics or textures to make this project looking like the one you want.

Anyway, feel free to contribute.

Best regards,
    Eric

5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Above: Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Eric, lucky-android is a spammer, who will soon be banned and have his posts deleted.

6. ericquag

Hi Rick,

ok, thank you! :) (I often ask to myself what is the pleasure of a spammer?).
    Best regards,
    Eric

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

As RickAgresta said, the spammer is now histoire. He April Fooled us all. ;)