Racial Incidents, Religious Discussions, etc.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by dogbarber, Aug 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dogbarber

dogbarber No one in particular...

...and it got me thinkin'....let's say all people were one color with no variations, say, pink for arguments sake. But the only difference between us all were our hair colors...some had blue hair, some green, some red. Now, doesn't seem like the most absolute moronic thing to discriminate against another cause their hair is a different color than mine??? I mean really! The pigmentation of their hair follicals are different, THAT'S IT!!! Stupid...

Oh, the incident, I, a white male, am married to an african american woman (just celebrated 10 years), and last weekend was my birthday...so we had all the fam. over. My wifes nephew takes the garbage out to the dumpster, and on the way back, he stops in front of a yellow mustang just to look at it...he's 14 and he likes cars. The owner of the car walks out of his house, walks up to him and says, "What are you lookin at n@@@@@. As he walks off, the dude says, "Yea, you better keep walkin n@@@@@..."

Nice, huh...my wife and I are kinda used to it, but this poor kid is only 14.

Long story short, called th po po and it is pending now...

One word that I would love to see shot into outer space or buried on the bottom of the sea is the word n@@@@@. there is absolutely no room whatsoever for it in todays society. It is destructive and the history behind it is deplorable....honestly, I am more offended by it than my wife is....

2. minimalposter

minimalposter some call me ... mp

I have always had a hard time understanding why anyone would discriminate against anyone else. Yes, I have read many theories about it but it still makes no sense what so ever. And what makes even less sense to me is that people discrimate against other people for something that they have absolutley no control over. If I was born w/o a pinky finger are you really going to make fun of me? Did I some how choose to have one less pinky? At least make fun of me for something that I chose to do such as wear this pink shirt with these purple and gold shoes. Now that makes a little sense!

I am not so offended by words as I am the intended harm behind them. Hate should not be accepted in any society.

3. Magellan

Magellan Moderator of Ill repute Super Moderator

I have been meaning to talk to you about that................. I would have gone with a lime green shirt. :D

4. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

I'm sorry to hear that, Dogbarber. I live in just about the most multicultural areas of London where over 150 different languages are spoken. It's an area where everyone is the minority, rather than just a few. We had local race riots in 1985 but since then the area has been pretty calm, although racial tensions are just starting to stir again. We live - as they say - in interesting times. :(

<Nine wonders why Minimalposter is dressed up as The Artiste Formerly Known As Minimalposter> :confused:

5. dogbarber

It's just so stupid and unneccesary...

6. LizG

LizG On a roll, but watch out

Colour doesn't make a man or woman ........ what is important is underneath; the way they act, talk, relate to others.

7. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

However, we are the enlightened ones. Remember here we are used to communicating in a medium that doesn't have to involve color, race, age, sex, sexuality or disability in any way if you don't want it to. And is all the nicer for it. Hello LizG. :)

8. dogbarber

Excellent point...sooo, what color is your hair? ;)

9. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Err... collar or cuffs? ;)

10. dogbarber

Both........hey, do you know where New Park Street is?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.