QuickInstall.exe not working in Windows 7!

Discussion in 'Palm' started by StephenT3, Jul 2, 2012.

1. StephenT3

StephenT3 Mobile Deity

Oh, you gotta laugh - I must be as thick as, well you know what! I put the application into the Palm/Launcher folder. My Palm now sees it. When I click on it, I get the message "did not find any files in /myinstall directories to install". So, if I do have an application I want to install - where exactly do I put it on the SD card? (I can't find the /myinstall directory to put an application into!)

2. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

That should be the folder you said you created on the card. To add programs, you either have to remove the card and use acard reader on your computer, or use something like Card Reader from Mobile stream to enable connecting your palm directly to your computer in usb storage mode.

Card Reader - usb mass storage solution for your Palm

Then copy whatever file you want to install into the myinstall folder, then run myinstall on the Palm.

3. StephenT3

StephenT3 Mobile Deity

I'm sooo embarrassed!! As you pointed out, I did create a 'myinstall' folder, but as it didn't work (due to other cock ups), I then deleted it. It all works perfectly now and is a great solution to not having a 'quickinstall.exe' working. Thank you so much for all your help & advice. It's been a while now since I've been in the bowels of my Palm as all worked well with XP, it's only the so called improved Windows 7 that has me in a tizz. (Don't suppose you know how to get Adobe Acrobat 6 working with MS windows 7 lol)

By the way, the link you have for MyInstall doesn't seem to support it's download anymore, but a quick 'google' let me find it here...

Free MyInstall v1.20 Download

Many thanks again for helping out an old rusty T3 user, it's very much appreciated...

lelisa13p likes this.
  4. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

Yes, I discovered that trying to trouble-shoot for you. I'll fix the link tonight at home. Thanks for the heads-up. I check the links every few months, but you never know when they are going to go. In fact, I may turn that into a download like I have other programs that are disappearing.

I still have great fondness for my TX (which still functions perfectly) even though I moved on in 2009.

lelisa13p likes this.