Quality Video on Palm: Full guide

Discussion in 'Palm' started by junglemike, Jul 13, 2004.

1. denrusso

denrusso Newbie

If you look at the seventh page in this thread, there are instructions on what software to use along with some example settings. I am also new to this game and followed the suggestions with The Fifth Element superbit coming down to aprox 170MB - which unfortunatly is still too big for my T5. I think I will have to invest in a 1GB SD card for these movies to fit...

cheers,
    dr

2. MeiLi

MeiLi Newbie

Hi, Jungle Mike!

Thanks for a great thread and guide. I tried to access your samples, but I've been having problems. When I click on the link, it says the file is not found or something.

Is there any other way to get the movie files? Thanks.

MeiLi

3. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Newbie

http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/ is an OpenSource player under GPL. The website also offers PalmOS binaries.

4. Crest

Crest Newbie

Hey, Great guide. I put a 1:30 trailer on my palm 320x480 at about 300kbps. Amazing quality.

But it seems my video is running too fast.

I pre encoded my video at uncompressed AVi at 15fps. then followed your guide. and the finished video is perfect.

I have a T5, and using 0.2.6. The audio seems to be running at the right speed. but the video seems to be running at like 20-25fps. so from the beginning it's out of sync.

The wierd part is it plays perfect on my PC.
    Please help :)

EDIT: I tried tcpmp and it worked flawlessly. thank you so much for this guide.

5. blcistheking

blcistheking Mobile Consultant

Could i use Any Video Converter to convert videos for the T3?

6. John Tighe

John Tighe Mobile Consultant

Thanks for the info. I am eager to watch a movie on my T5.

7. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Wow. Nice to see Jungle Mike's thread get revived. You should probably go through the Palm multimedia forum and the TX forum because there is a lot more updated information for the TX, which should work just fine with the T5. Try using search. TCPMP is a good search term.

8. mobi900

mobi900 Newbie

I have loaded all the MM player fiels. however the option to "add" or play list does not show up on my palm. I loaded the latest version 2.12 yet I don't see anywere the selection you mention.

Should I load a previous version? I am at a loss right now.

Funny thing is that when i insert the sd card the palm recognizes the card is in yet it does not show the avi file.

9. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I'd read the WHOLE thread here and some others. You're better off with TCPMP (free) and whatever you need to rip videos and/or convert them to a handheld format (something like Handbrake, also free).

I have MM Player, but never used it.