pTunes over PPP in Windows 7 64bit

Discussion in 'Multimedia (Palm OS)' started by reb1, Jun 12, 2011.

1. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

I like to listen to pTunes and my Palm TX has never really worked connecting to my router. So I have been using my laptops bluetooth radio to do this. I recently burned an ISO disk from the notebook area of brighthand. I started a trial of 64bit Windows 7 Ultimate from the ISO disk. Guess what m-Router works with windows 7. By using m-Router you can listen to pTunes, hotsync and surf the web and download files with blazer, using bluetooth. I ran into a small problem with my old motorola ht820 headset not working with the Microsoft bluetooth stack. My XP Pro disk set for my Sony that I am doing the trial on had the Widcomm bluetooth installer on it. After I figured out how to disable the bluetooth inf file so the Microbrain bluetooth would quit loading I was able to install the Wiccomm bluetooth stack and evreything works great now. If you only need limited use without proper working A2dp protocols than the microsoft stack will work just fine.
    If anybody has questions on how to set any of this up or where to locate software just Post here about it.

2. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

That sounds very useful reb1. Thank you. I never got around to playing with m-router; although I think I downloaded it when I first came across it here on BH. Sounds like I should get up to speed on it just as a backup.

3. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

Here is a tutorial for m-Router. Howto: Bluetooth Internet with Windows XP
    I have Two registered copies of Softick ppp. The free m-Router app is easier to setup and works better than the paid software. The links for it on the web were scarce and now maybe non existent. It was always free so if you need it PM me and I will send it over. The only glitch so far is when my Sony Vaio goes to sleep. When it comes out of sleep mode I have to reboot and open up the hotsync manager and select network again. When using palm desktop on a 64bit system you still have another glitch. When you click on a prc. or palm file so hotsync manager will queen it an obnoxious message about the app not being able to communicate comes up and it fails. You can still right click on any file to load and choose send to and the choice for palm is there and it works.