Problems with receiving and sending picture texts when running Android 4.3

Discussion in 'HTC' started by Puleo, May 2, 2014.

1. Puleo

Puleo Newbie

I recently bought a HTC One that I've been using on Straight Talk. It's been running on Android 4.3 and everything was working great. But, I just upgraded to Android 4.2.2 and all of a sudden, I can't send or get picture texts. Is there a way to go back to 4.3? Thank you for the help.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Welcome to Brighthand

I don't have an answer about downgrading, but from personal experience I know that data has to be enabled for picture texts to be sent/received, at least, that's the case with my carrier (Verizon) -- give that a look, maybe it was turned off during the upgrade.

3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

What app are you using to send texts? Hangouts was super buggy for me and I've been using textra. A different app may yield better results.

4. Hook

Hook Cat and Mouse and Linux

I assume you mean Android 4.4.2. This could be a Straight Talk problem. Double check that you still have the correct APNs for Straight Talk. That has come up a number of times with MMS problems on Kit Kat and the MVNOs (generally, the Carrier SIMs handle APNs without manual input).

5. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

In addition, Kit Kat has issues with mms, especially on Google Hangouts. I know a number of people with carrier locked phones who had trouble with picture messaging using the default app.