Problems with Kinoma 4EX and YouTube?

Discussion in 'Multimedia (Palm OS)' started by Varjak, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I haven't watched YouTube on Kinoma in some time; but this past weekend, I went to use it and it didn't work. It always tells me it may be an invalid file, unsupported format, etc. No matter what I try, so I think it's universal.

I am using version 4.5.5.

I know they are not supporting this product anymore; but I think the forums are still open and will post there as well.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

I haven't used Kinoma recently. I should re-install it in my 680. AFAIR, all the YouTube videos ran on Kinoma embedded, this is, even without the Kinoma 4EX installation.

3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Above: Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I'll have a look this weekend, when I can use my TX on wifi; I'd expect much the same as you're seeing, though, Varjak

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Above: Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

as expected, same as you; not only Youtube, either--all streaming video. streaming audio was ok, though

5. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Thanks. I haven't posted on Kinoma's forums yet. Haven't had time, but I'm going to get to it. Maybe, as YT updates, it blocks certain things and Kinoma doesn't update. I know DownloadHelper updates almost every day it seems to access YT. It's a shame, I liked Kinoma.

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

My guess is that the Kinoma library links no longer redirect you to the 3gp version of the videos.

In Blazer, go to YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. and search for the video you want to watch. It'll open in Kinoma and play just fine.

7. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I believe there's an update to Kinoma 4EX available (or so the device tells me); but I'm a bit afraid to do it. First, they call it Kinoma Player (they've mixed those terms in the past); and I'm also afraid it might substitute the generic Player for 4EX.

Thanks Jig, I'll give that a try; but at the time I think I tried that and it didn't work.

8. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Jig, I meant to get back to you on this. Your method of going right to m.youtube works; but it gives you these tiny videos. Maybe I'm remembering this incorrectly, but when I viewed the videos through Kinoma, they were larger (and not the 3gp format if I recall correctly).

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

My memory isn't clear, either.

10. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Well, FWIW, I am able to see YT videos, and they do launch under Kinoma Embedded. Now, I can't remember if they always did so, with this Kinoma Embedded, or they started doing so, when I first fully installed Kinoma.