Prepare for the great Bait and Switch! Oh, you've already taken the bait?

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by headcronie, Nov 11, 2020.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

2. Tom LaPrise

Tom LaPrise Absent-Minded Professor

Bah. I haven't used Google Photos yet. They'll get nothing from me!

3. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

I don't use Google Photos, Drive or Docs, but I will have to check on Mrs. Hook. Luckily she has a Pixel (2XL).

scjjtt, lelisa13p, headcronie and 2 others like this.
  4. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I managed to snag the 2gb bonus for the security checkup that they had multiple years back. 17gb for me.

However, I did utilize Google Photos to save and additionally - move from my Note 8 to my Note 20. With the promise of unlimited space for compressed photos, sure... why not!

The same is true for the Mrs. HC. In moving from her iToy to the powerful Note 20, we did the same thing as trying to move it through iChokeCloud with its pathetic 5gb is akin to having multiple years of your life being sucked out of you. Trying to copy images via USB is a laughing joke as the connection chokes and crashes after an undetermined number of files, also leading to a loss of life. So glad that thing is powered off and stashed in a drawer now...

Sprint... err... T-Mobile has unlimited backup so long as you're paying insurance on your device. We've both got that. It's seamless to get your photos up... I'm not sure about getting them back down... And if you quit paying... *poof*

There's also Amazon I think... with Prime subscription... but I'm not sure of the terms...

Just glad to have a device with expandable memory. At this point, self storage of images is cheaper than paying someone else to do it. A 4TB internal drive is $120ish. For most people, that should be sufficient for a looong time. Granted, you've got to ensure you've got redundancy and that the drive doesn't fail... but still...

Hotsync anyone?

upload_2020-11-11_15-23-59.jpeg

5. z22 2006 User

z22 2006 User BHOT's Own Fluffy

I'd love to point a program towards volume names and be like "Hey, keep the folder of my images synced on all the drives with these names please!"

RickAgresta, headcronie and scjjtt like this.