Pocket LCARS for QVGA and VGA

Discussion in 'Themes and Skins (Windows Mobile)' started by dxdy, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dxdy

dxdy Mobile Evangelist

Pocket LCARS for QVGA and VGA WisBar Advance skin
    Requirements: Windows Mobile 5 or 6, QVGA (240x320) or VGA (480x640) device, Wisbar Advance Desktop v2, WisBar Advance v3
    Overview: The 24th Century... in your hand.
    Pocket LCARS PADD is designed especially for QVGA and VGA devices (240x320 and 480x640) running Windows Mobile 5 and higher with Wisbar Advance Desktop version 2.
    For a complete LCARS experience, we recommend that you also run Wisbar Advance 3 with Pocket LCARS.

[​IMG]

* Portrait and Landscape orientations supported
    * Simple, intuitive operation
    * Larger buttons for stylus-free navigation
    * Authentic sound effects and voice prompts throughout
    * Animated transitions
    * Constant on-screen display of volume level, memory usage and connected network
    * Customizable
    * Easily view your device's vital statistics and manage its resources
    * Includes all continental United States Doppler animated imagery (requires Internet access)
    * WeatherPanel-ready

Download:

LINKS REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Instruction (follow procedure, you be get error in installation LCARS PADD if not follow procedure):
    - Install Wisbar Advance Desktop version 2
    - Install LCARS PADD
    - Install Wisbar Advance 3 (dont run after installation, just Finish)
    - Install LCARS Addon
    - Install LCARS skin for Windows Media
    - Soft reset device
    - in WAD2 go to Settings and Change Theme, select PADD for Portrait theme and PADD Landscape for Landscape theme
    - when LCARS skin start go to MODE SELECT to bring Start button
    - now Start Wisbar Advance 3 and start Wisbar Advance Settings, go to Theme, Wisbar Theme, then from Menu select Install, browse to \Program Files\Lakeridge\Wisbar Advanced 3\Themes\Pocket LCARS and install Pocket LCARS Addon, Apply Taskbars buttons and Sound scheme
    - Start Windows Media and select LCARS skin from settings

Enjoy in your LCARS device :)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. TVThemeGuy

TVThemeGuy Mobile Enthusiast

Dear dxdy:

Thank you so much for promoting my skin! In the future, you may want to consider pointing people to the website from which the software originated (which you obviously know the address).

It is truly bad form to send people to a link where the software (including WisBar Advance and WisBar Advance Desktop) has been pirated (read: STOLEN).

You know what? The sad thing is that I was just about to release Pocket LCARS Touch: Defiant Edition when I found your post. Now, I'm thinking 'What would be the point?' More and more people believe they are ENTITLED to obtain for free that which others have worked hard to achieve. *I* am the one putting in countless hours perfecting the handheld LCARS interface!! *Chris McKay* is the one putting in even MORE time in developing the WisBar family of skinning products!! Yet, someone like you comes along and feels that this should all be given away for free!

Don't give me that tired old argument of "We want to try it before we buy it." That's a load of BS and you know it! WisBar Advance products offer a generous trial period where the software is fully functional. If it works on your device, then there's no reason that Pocket LCARS won't work on your device, too. Pocket LCARS includes online demonstrations of what the product does.

All of these products are supported directly by their authors who answer any and all questions that come their way. If worse comes to worst, you can get a full refund.

Maybe you think software costs too much. Well, that argument doesn't fly, either. Pocket LCARS used to be donateware. That is, you could have the software for whatever price you thought was fair. I had never seen so many people piss and moan over spending a BUCK! Then they got into arguments with me over the accuracy of the term "donateware" versus "paidware." So I said "Okay, now it's paidware. Here's a set price. Nicely done. Now you can't get it for a buck anymore."

And yet, here you are, handing it all away for free.

If I were to continue with the development of Pocket LCARS, I would have to buy some kind of encryption software to try to keep thieves like you at bay. Guess where the money for that would have to come from? My own pocket? Hahahaha! You would think that. All entitlement-minded people think that. No. Wrong. I would have to pass that cost along to the customer in what I charge for Pocket LCARS. So you see... you're not making software available for free. You're simply driving up the cost of the software! YOU (and those like you) are the problem!

Tell you what: Tell me where you live. I'm going to come over to your house, raid your refrigerator, use your computer and maybe even take your TV. How does the thought of that make you feel? Because what you've done is akin to that.

So thank you. Thank you very much! On behalf of the users who now will likely never see Pocket LCARS Touch: Defiant Edition, the coolest, most compatible, most flexible version of Pocket LCARS yet, with plugins out the wazoo that provide a more complete experience, thank you. I think I'm done.

3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Links removed & PM sent.

4. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

TVThemeGuy, you ought to post the ORIGINAL, LEGITIMATE link though.

5. lelisa13p

PM was requesting same. :)

6. TVThemeGuy

Hi, everyone! I apologize for the rant. I'm sure that most of you can understand that I was more than just a little hacked off.

7. TVThemeGuy

Lelisa, thank you for removing the links! I should have reported the post first.

8. TVThemeGuy

Okay (now that I've reached 5 posts), the legitmate links are as follows:

WisBar Advance and WisBar Advance Desktop are available from Lakeridge Software.

Pocket LCARS stuff is available at PocketLCARS.com.

Thank you for your interest, everyone!!

[​IMG]

9. lelisa13p

You are more than welcome. :) Happy to have been able to help.