Please help! Treo 650 ACT 6.0 sync?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by jbrak, Apr 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbrak

jbrak Newbie

This probably is an old question to most here. Are there ways to sync the two?

ACT customer service said the only way was to "upgrade" to their higher costing less performing versions of ACT!

Any help is appreciated!

2. r0k

r0k Dazed

Welcome to Brighthand, jbrak!

My condolences that you are having to deal with Act.

I just retired my old Treo 650 and I left my Act software cd sitting in the bottom of a box that has probably long since been thrown out. I had no interest (or room) to try installing act on my 650. What I did do was export my contacts and import them to Palm desktop at the time. I managed my calendar, etc in the native Palm environment and did "double entry" for those items which needed to be in Act when I got back to the office.

That being said, I had lots of other problems with Act and these usually revolved around sync with the home office a couple of time zones away. We upgraded to a newer version of Act and while it did fix some issues, it caused my machine at the time to bluescreen more than once.

If you can, leave Act behind and move on. If you must use Act, you might be able to find a copy of the older palmos app that works with act 6 on ebay. If I find mine, I'll list it but don't hold your breath as I'm pretty busy lately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.