Please Help - Palm Z22 Fails to Hotsync Anymore with Desktop

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by tajba, Jan 18, 2012.

1. tajba

tajba Newbie

why does my Palm Z22 stop sync with my desktop. It freezes and the log says 2 from 12 and stays there. It was working before around November 2011.:confused:

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand, tajba. :)

What is the OS of the computer that you're using? I don't understand the message that you said the log tells you. What part of the Sync process does the message appear in (i.e. Calendar, Media, etc.)? What does "2 from 12" mean? Copy and paste the exact message.

3. lelisa13p

From a PM received from the OP:
    I have copied your PM here. We have discussions in the Forum as opposed to PMs in order for others to see & participate in the problem-solving process. :)

The hotsync process stopped abruptly for you after previous success? Have you made any changes to your computer setup? Still awaiting the exact error message contained in the Hotsync Log.

4. tajba

tajba Newbie

I tried with windows7 and xp mode. It syncs up to calendar and then freezes. Sorry, but I can't reproduce the same msg again. All I get is a msg on Z22 "connection between your device and desktop could not be established etc" I tried both the driver that came with the desktop 4.1 under XP mode and the Aceeca 64 bit windows7 driver with desktop 6.2 under Windows7

5. lelisa13p

Other than what you've tried, I don't have anything different to add. There are others here with more expertise in this issue & I'm sure that someone else will check in, too. I've changed your thread title to attract some more attention & also moved the thread into the Sync (Windows/Palm OS) forum. Your new thread Title is: Please Help - Palm Z22 Fails to Hotsync Anymore with Desktop. I'll leave a redirect link in the Palm Z22 forum to help you find your way. :)

Stay tuned. :)

6. tajba

tajba Newbie

thank you -

7. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

tajba, there are several threads that address these issues. You might want to look in the 'Aceeca drivers' thread. You might need Google search with the keyword 'Brighthand' to find it. Sometimes the search function here is wonky.