Pics from Comdex - H5450/1910/AXIM

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by Paul P, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b3trio

b3trio Last Train Home Member

I'm only hesitating on the 1910 right now because it doesn't have a scroll wheel. Otherwise, it looks like a real winner.

What do you think the chances are of being able to map the scroll function to that button on the side?

2. Nikhil72

Nikhil72 Mobile Deity

I'm pretty sure you can do that...I assume that side button is the recorder button; I have my 3970's recorder button set to scroll down...makes reading eBooks simple.

3. imported_mar2k

imported_mar2k Senior Member

Great pics! Anyone know what the H1910's stylus looks like? Hope its long enough........

4. AristoBrat

AristoBrat Mobile Deity

How "big" they are?

Other than the antenna 'stub', they're the same size as the 3800/3900 series, no?!

5. AristoBrat

AristoBrat Mobile Deity

I'm pretty much sold on it, too. 200mhz should be 'nuf to do my contacts, tasks, and calendar. The size is what I've been dying for!

Doesn't look like it comes with a CoverPack or any type of screen cover <from reading the "WHATS IN THE BOX" contents on HP's site>, so I hope someone comes up with something cool and inexpensive.

6. Boxster S

Boxster S Mobile Deity

The iPAQ 1910 doesn't have SDIO support or a jog wheel. Strike it off my "To Buy" list

7. imported_Covert

imported_Covert iPAQ 2215

My point exactly. And the Dell is roughly the same size. Therefore, neither device is "big."

The 1910 sure is pretty though. I just don't see why HP would forego an SD I/O slot on a device that only has SD, but oh well.

8. AristoBrat

AristoBrat Mobile Deity

I'm kinda disappointed in the specs of the 1910 in relation to its pricepoint. If the other $300 PDAs have SDIO and 300mhz processors, then the 1910 should, too.

Someone pointed to a HP press release where the spokesperson said that they'd release different models of the 1900 series in 2003, so maybe one of those will have SDIO? But they'll officially SUCK if they price the SDIO higher then the V35, et. al.

Anyhow, I'm liking the 1910 as the best of the smallest, so we'll see how it goes. I can't wait for some real user reviews!

9. Electroman

Electroman Electrically Charged Bot

Yes the Dell appears to be a "brick"... but I just had a thought.

You all remember the Casio bricks... how many of you actually prefered a thicker PPC to play games on? Did it feel better in your hands and less likely to cramp up than a thinner PPC?

I personally felt this way. And in defense of Dell's posture of a thick PPC, if it is as solid as the Casio E1xx series... I may be sold.

I think of it this way... if I want my PPC to be stored in my shirt pocket... then I'll want a 1910 or E310-like device. If I will store my PPC anywhere else, then any other size is just fine.

I think what will win the Dell over the Ipaq's is the dual slot and jog dial.

Once again however Ipaq's good looks will surely make the cover of GQ or Cosmo and often... looks sells.

I'm so enticed and tickled by the new PPC's coming out. Boys n girls... I think the PPC influx is finally approaching full speed. We got the big boys now making this stuff. HP, Dell, Toshiba, amongst others... Pocket PC appears to be strong.

Palm what?

10. JNGold

JNGold Mobile Deity

I hope so. A truly lightweight device that I can plug an SD WiFi card and 64mb of user accessible ram is what I am waiting for. I know the V35 fits the bill for my wants now (albeit without the SD Wifi due next year), but the 1900 series is just so svelte.

I guess I will stick with my "powerful" (not to mention fast) Jornada 568! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.