Phantom Incomplete Apple U.S. Calendar Automatic Entry

Discussion in 'iOS / iPhone' started by lelisa13p, Feb 25, 2018.

1. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

While entering an appointment to Apple Calendar for next month (March 2018), I came across this incomplete entry for Friday, March 2, 2018. I didn't make it and the entry is credited to the U.S. Holiday Calendar automatically supplied by Apple. I can't delete it because there is no Edit option, ergo the Delete option isn't offered at the bottom of the details screen, either. Anyone else have this in their Calendar? Anyone have other entries for different dates? I just happened to stumble upon this one. (I should note that this entry is on iPhone iOS 11.2.6 and 2 iPads iOS 10.3.3.)

Apple US Calendar Phantom Auto Entry_2018-03-02.jpg

r0k and scjjtt like this.
  2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Well, there certainly are some interesting choices for that "holiday." :vbwink:

http://www.holidays-and-observances.com/march-2.html

Searching Google with the following phrase: "Mystery appointment apple iOS calendar" did seem to turn up other instances, although a quick scan didn't seem to produce a solution. :vbfrown:

r0k, scjjtt, jigwashere and 2 others like this.
  3. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

From your link:

This is in line with similar complaints that I found from the past 3 days. Users are upset because some have had Easter and Good Friday removed from their Calendars and others have had Islamic and Hindu holidays added to theirs. Apparently Apple's Calendar for geographic-based events has become muddled together. I wouldn't be surprised if the Conspiracy Theorist Dingbats begin to rant about the removal of Easter Calendar entries being part of a huge global plot. :vbrolleyes: Like the War on Christmas BS.

r0k, RickAgresta, Hook and 2 others like this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

gee, you say that as if it *isn't* a huge global plot....
    im-just-sayingSMALL.jpeg

r0k, lelisa13p, scjjtt and 1 other person like this.
  5. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

That does explain why Holi randomly showed up on my calendar. I just shrugged and ignored it.

I was just visiting my hometown, which is known for being one of the densest populations of Indian/South Asian immigrants in the country. Maybe that's why my iPhone thought I needed that update?

r0k, scjjtt, Hook and 2 others like this.
  6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Howdy, qf! happy new year!

perhaps, but I had it pop up too, on my 'inheirited' iPhone6, once I finally completed setup (son said I had to wipe it first...) -- I don't think northern Delaware falls into the demographic :vbwink:

r0k, Hook and lelisa13p like this.
  7. r0k

r0k Dazed

Holi showed up on my calendar for this Friday (3/2/18) but Good Friday (3/30/18) and Easter (4/1/18) are still showing up as well...

At least Groundhog day (2/2/18*) showed up on its proper day. If that had been missing, there would be WAR!!!
    [​IMG]
    *and-every-day-thereafter-until-the-end-of-time

scjjtt, RickAgresta and lelisa13p like this.
  8. Guest

Guest Has Bad Feeling About This Super Moderator

Not exactly an answer, but here are ten pages of other people arguing about this.

Actually, more like eight pages of arguing about it and two pages of random nonsense.