Pet Nicknames

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RickAgresta, Jun 25, 2016.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

well, for our pets is the original intent, but then, we are a creative bunch…

the black pup in my signature gif is Bella•dogga
    her brother - buff coloration - is SirSh¡ttsalot
    the orange kitty is SullyBOB or SullyBHOB -- Big Orange Boy or Big Handsome Orange Buddy

Hook, lelisa13p, wozofoz and 3 others like this.
  2. namerif

namerif Zero Defects

With a name like Annabel Lee, you're destined to have a bunch of nicknames: "Annabelly" "Annabuns" and "Bunsy" get the most use.
    0514161446.jpg

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Stoopiddog and stinkymutt.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

I had just acquired a jet black pup with wiry fur but hadn't given her a name yet. I was sitting in my room listening to an album Tales of Mystery and Imagination when the pup burst into my room, I told her to go outside but she refused and just sat there looking at me (this was a sign of things to come). The singer sang "And still the raven remains in my room" so her name was obvious.
    Raven often got called Revs when she decided to live life at full speed

Also had a black cat with white gloves and boots, and when she stood on her back legs (to box) she had a white M on her chest. She loved to box and always jumped from the top of the stairs to the couch instead of taking a boring walk down, this surprised many guests (she loved to do that to :vbwink: ) She also loved climbing trees and pretending to be stuck then jumping into my arms when she decided to come down.
    Her name was Captain Midnight the Crusading Cat but she also got called just Captain, Midnight and Schmids

All the best, woz of oz

5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Grok! SullyBOB will climb the climber, hop to the top of the TV cabinet, then jump to the sofa, rather than walking over to the sofa and hopping up, picture befow <SullyBOB not included>
    20160625_185537-picsay.png

lelisa13p, namerif and raspabalsa like this.
  6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I have a 13-year old son who's like that. :rolleyes:

lelisa13p, RickAgresta and raspabalsa like this.
  7. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Only one? Lucky you... mine have 10 and 12. On Saturdays they start their bouncing and yelling at 6 AM. Why can't they wake up so happy and full of energy on schooldays is beyond me. A more important question would be why can't they wake up on Saturday at a decent hour, say 11 AM?

lelisa13p, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

My 11-year old daughter is certainly cheerful and energetic, but she doesn't climb across furniture and countertops as much as my son.

On a side note, while in many languages (Spanish, French, etc)., people "have" years (e.g., tener diez y doce), in English, people "are" n years old. ;)

lelisa13p, RickAgresta and raspabalsa like this.
  9. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Yeah... With old age and not enough practice I'm losing my English little by little. I used to know it was "are n years old", but I don't know when I forgot that. Of course, I've always had certain problems, such as my eternal confusion over "in", "on", and "at". I never did quite sort that properly, and as Hook said some years ago, that has caused quite a few adventures :D
    There's a Canadian company that's starting a mining camp near our own, they're English-speaking Canadians, so I try to chat with them as much as I can to get some practice.

10. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Learning the correct prepositions are difficult for me in Spanish, too.

lelisa13p, raspabalsa and RickAgresta like this.