PCMag: The Tiny Palm Phone Can Now Be Your Primary Smartphone.

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by scjjtt, Apr 5, 2019.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

r0k, lelisa13p, Mi An and 1 other person like this.
  2. z22 2006 User

z22 2006 User BHOT's Own Fluffy

Yeah, same here, now call me when they make a Centro styled physical keyboard type device and I'll be all over it. I'm still hurting after my Keyone broke, but I'd love to give it another try one of these days.

r0k, lelisa13p, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  3. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

r0k, Mi An, lelisa13p and 1 other person like this.
  4. scjjtt

Yep! Why wouldn't I? It's technology! Why it even reads:

PA
    LM

on it.

Actually I have share before how I longed for the day when phones would be the size of pagers - & they did! But as we all know - they've got bigger & bigger - which I don't like. I use a tablet if I want something bigger. My Samsung Epic 4G to me was the perfect screen size (4 inch). It was a little bigger than the original iPhone size (3.5 inch) - which I always thought was just a bit too small.

Actually the new Palm phone is TOO small for me (3.3 inch) - but the temptation would still be there if I had Verizon.

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

EdmundDantes, Hook, Mi An and 3 others like this.
  5. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

At some point I got an OG moto g just to use as a music player, this was back when I had a nexus 4 with only 8 gb of storage, so I kept podcasts and music on the moto g. The physical size of the og moto g is roughly the same size as the first moto x, though the moto x's screen is bigger, better screen to face ratio. That size just seems perfect for me. I think the first moto x was 4.7", and these days, you could probably fit a little more screen in the same body. But man, they just keep getting bigger and bigger.

I've resigned myself to it, but like you, I still sometimes think back fondly to when if they designed a 6" device, they just called it a tablet. <h> Now 6" is a mini phone :( And soon, with folding screens, we'll all be forced to carry around 100" hdtvs in our pockets. We'll need like 6 people to help us fold it out. Finally, the convergence we've all been waiting for: phones + tents. </hyperbolizing>

r0k, RickAgresta, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.
  6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Phones + tents = portable phone booths? :vbtongue:

r0k, RickAgresta, scjjtt and 3 others like this.
  7. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

r0k, scjjtt, lelisa13p and 1 other person like this.
  8. scjjtt

Absolutely! I have personally seen their first phone - I haven't seen this new one, but I think the size hasn't changed.

Sent from my LG v10 using Tapatalk

lelisa13p, Mi An, r0k and 1 other person like this.
  9. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I wax nostalgically for Palm, but I realize that it is now just a hand-me-down name that bears no resemblance to the Palm we once loved. As such, I've dismissed the thought of this tiny phone. The whole idea of a tiny phone in such a data heavy environment we live in today, is counter intuitive. It's not like the apps for the phone will work better on a tiny screen. It's tiny, it's so cute! Until you have to use it... *shrug*

lelisa13p, scjjtt, jigwashere and 3 others like this.
  10. r0k

r0k Dazed

I sometimes miss having a smaller phone but... with a battery life of "up to" 7.5 hours, this thing would not work at all for me.

lelisa13p, scjjtt, jigwashere and 3 others like this.