PAYG dataplan can work.

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by Hook, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hook

Hook Hookette says 'Tis the season!

The Moto G camera is actually surprisingly good, but my wife also owns ProCapture. She bought it way back for the SGP5. :)

RickAgresta likes this.
  2. Hook

Well, at the risk of moving a little of topic, I was impressed that my wife's Prepay Verizon (yes, Verizon) Moto G just received an OTA update to Kit Kat Android 4.4.2. Went smooth as silk and works just fine. I noticed it didn't include the GEL launcher, but that may not have been Verizon. My Nexus 7 didn't get GEL with 4.4.2 either. And, of course, I just replaced it with Nova Launcher anyway. :rolleyes: ;)

I was just impressed that Verizon updated a prepay phone so fast.

RickAgresta, Mi An and jigwashere like this.
  3. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

I guess the days of prepaid buyers being second-class citizens are getting behind us. Hope so, anyway.

Mi An, Hook and jigwashere like this.
  4. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Glad it worked out well, Pirate-Boy! :D

5. Mi An

Mi An Hyperfocal

True dat, I've barely gotten used to second class status. We used to just get stowed down below under the luggage. :eek:

Hook likes this.
  6. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

What? You got the good seats, Mi An? How'd you manage that? ;) :rolleyes: :D

Mi An, Hook and jigwashere like this.
  7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Sigh...now if only those of us on contract through carriers like Sprint could get some respect. . . . :rolleyes:

8. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

I just bit the bullet finally and jumped on the wife's plan with VZW. Had I lived in a large city, I probably wouldn't have left T-Mobile.

Well, not quite left. It seems the 2-years of 200mb per month free has been extended for as long as I own my Chromebook, in line with T-mo's new policy. :thumbsup:

9. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

10. Hook

Just a quick note. AT&T Gophone just tweaked their plans again, offering a bit more data on the two primary Smartphone planes. Most interesting is the change they made to the $60 plan. Aside from upping the data to 2.5GB (with 1GB add-ons being available for $10 each), they have enabled hotspot use with no additional charge.

Truth to tell, I have used the hotspot function on my Nexus devices for years with my Gophone plans and they have never objected, but I never did it a lot. Now, it is actually authorized.

scjjtt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.