PAYG dataplan can work.

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by Hook, Apr 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

I covered this earlier in the thread (I'm not saying you should have seen it, just noting that for if you want more details :) ). You don't pay for features separately. You load money on the gophone, then call 611 and buy features. The cost of the features is deducted from your phone, so load on enough to cover the features you want.

2. rajdude

rajdude Mobile Enthusiast

Actually, I read that but somehow I was expecting to be able to add the data plan online.

Do you always have to call 611 to buy the features? Dont they have an online 'thingy'?

Also, I was chatting with their rep (online), she told me that the data does not roll over. I went back and read your (Hook’s) post , the very first post in this thread and I quote :

Maybe the rep is giving me wrong info? :eek:

Funny that I chatted with another rep like 15 minutes back and he told me that the data “should” roll over, but he was not 100% sure.

3. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Reps are notoriously bad sources of information. It rolls over. Even the recording tells you so when you are buying features.

No, you can't get features online. Dialing 611 is easy and they don't even charge you for the call.

You do add money to your SIM on the web.

Just go to the local AT&T store, buy the SIM and have them put it in for you. That way it will be all set up, you won't have to call in to activate, etc. They will gve you a pin to use when you set up the web site for adding money. Then call 611 and add your features. Finally, go HERE and sign in with your PIN to set up your account for adding money. You are set. :)

4. rajdude

OK thanks Hook.

BTW, the link in your signature has this error:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Nokia Corporation.

5. rajdude

6. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Heh. Thanks for the heads up. Sheesh, it was just a series of PowerPoint slides of photos of the 5800 at various stages of take apart. sigh.

I can't even check it here because I can't do Youtube. :rolleyes:

7. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

8. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

9. rajdude

Thats it ??????? Just a bunch of pics.

Why was Nokia making a big deal about it. They are afraid someone will copy it or what?

Its not a schematic, for pete's sake. Hey Nokia! grow up! :mad:

10. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Hard to say, since I can't get the original back to look at it. However, given that I haven't seen a lot of evidence that Nokia is litigation-happy, I'm going to guess there might have been some real problem there. Who knows.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.