Password/credit card/serial# keeper?

Discussion in 'Windows Phone' started by Shinno, May 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinno

Shinno Crazed Owl

Are there ANY out there that don't cost $20?!

Freeware would be ideal, but the only thing i can find is freewallet 3.1 ... but it only lets you have 5 cards/passwords etc for the free version. To add more than that it's $29!

I was once a faithful SplashID user during my Palm days... i would love an app like that, but for relatively cheap.

suggestions?

2. moby101

moby101 Mobile Consultant

I'm now using CodeStore which is a free utility with a password required to open it up. I have only approx. 20 items so far, but it seems to do what I need.

3. clrankin

clrankin Mobile Deity

I've been using eWallet for a while and have been very happy with it. 3DES encryption, syncs with a desktop version, very customizable... It's not free, but it's well worth the price.

When it comes to keeping your most valuable data safe, it probably pays to keep an old addage in mind: You usually get what you pay for.

4. JK27

JK27 Mobile Deity

Not free, but I highly recommend FlexWallet. For $19.95, you get both a PC desktop program AND a PPC program -- which sync everytime you ActiveSync. Great program! Also, TwoPeaks occasionally has sales where they sell all their programs for $5 (usually a couple of times a year).

www.twopeaks.com

5. twestley

twestley Mobile Evangelist

Ditto

6. PocketMav

PocketMav Mobile Deity

I "currently" don't use any....however I found this great review over at pocketpcthoughts , of the top three, an excellent read.

7. Spiderman

Spiderman Mobile Evangelist

Didn't your Ipaq come with eWallet? It's been a few devices since I've had an Ipaq, but when I did it came bundled with eWallet. I've been using it ever since and have purchased the upgrades when they've become available. It's a great product.

8. applejosh

applejosh Mobile Deity

Someday (hopefully soon), SplashID will be ported to PPC. It should be a cheap upgrade if you're a previous owner.

EDIT:
    Additionally, I've been using FlexWallet (I got it half price a while ago) and ckdWallet (at www.ckdsoftware.com) to fill in the gaps until SplashID. FlexWallet is nice and cheap (although I would like the ability for a stronger password), and ckdWallet can import SplashID formatted .csv's but is a tad slow since it uses the .NET stuff. ckdWallet uses Access mdb's and the ActiveSync sync module for them. It is very inexpensive as well.

9. Shinno

Shinno Crazed Owl

wow people thanks for the insights

I'm donwloading flexwallet as we speak to give it a test run

it looks like it's on sale for $19.99 ! I wonder if it'll drop lower if I waited a bit longer... or would it bump back up to $24.95? hope not.

10. maximum

maximum Mobile Deity

Try Infosafe. I believe you can find it at Handango and Pocketgear. You can enter tons of information per item (software/accounts, passwords, serials, etc.). You can even store up to 20 free.

The desktop interface is fine and you can just transfer stuff to your pocket pc then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.