PalmPDF and presentations

Discussion in 'Palm' started by luigi, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

l was reading the characteristics of last release of PalmPDF (0.8). !t says: "- Presentation mode, sends rendered pages as jpeg to any BT device (using Object Exchange)
    togehter with a Bluetooth Media Adapter (BT->TV) you get a great presentation combo"
    I'm not sure that I well understand, but could this the solution to the unaivalability of a Presenter to go for LD? I mean, could one use such function to run a ppt presentation, previously trasformed to a pdf, using a BT media adapter connected to a video projector? BTW, has anyone of you idea of where to find a BT media adapter?

luigi

2. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

3. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Nice, I actually searched onto Google, but did not have any luck.
    Now, I checked the links you sent: one looks to be only for televisions, and it plugs into SCART (european only, I think) connection.
    THe other is as expensive as LD...379 USD!!!

DO you have any idea if a dongle, such as the Anycom one, is available to plug in the video IN connector of a digital projector?

Cheers

Luigi

4. MetaView

MetaView Mobile Consultant

As the developer:

I have a MMV-100 from Sony-Ericsson here, and it has a Scart + a Cinch output. Scart is actually just another connector for regular video output. Should fit well on a digital projector, if it has a video input.

Regards
    Henk

PS: the MMV-100 was around 35 US-$, not more

5. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Hi Henk, that's great to hear. By the way, did you test it with an OS 5.4 Palm (Tx, Lifedrive)? And, where did you buy it? I did a quick search in google, but I only came across to UK based providers.

THanks

Luigi

6. MetaView

I must say, that I'm from Germany and bought it at a German shop for 30?. But I think when you try to search for something like Bluetooth Image viewer, you will find some more. One (but in UK too) is

http://shopping.kelkoo.co.uk/b/a/ss_bluetooth_image_viewer.html
    This offers seem to be quite cheap. So, for just a try, might be possible :)

Regards
    Henk

7. Guest

Guest Has Bad Feeling About This

How's the performance? My Bluetooth use usually achieves about 30KB per second, which is fine for what I use it for, but if you have a series of JPEGs* that could easily be, say, 700K or even a lot more, that would be one slow presentation.

*Yes, I know you are talking about PDFs, but note that it says it converts them to JPEG to send them.

8. MetaView

Yes, that's a point. PalmPDF renders the next page in advance. You can adjust the Jpeg-Quality to have a compromise between size and visual quality. The sending usually takes up to 10 seconds and the viewer might also need 1 or 2 second to display the image. If you are aware of it, you can arrange your presentation around it. I strongly suggest to have a test before doing the real presentation :)

You could also test it with your PC or another Palm. The device is selectable and Image (Object) Push is a protocoll which almost every device supports. Then you could see how long it takes to transfer the image.

It has its drawbacks but better than nothing and a quite cheap solution too.

Regards
    Henk

9. zire102001

zire102001 Mobile Deity

so meta ur the devoloper of PalmPDF ??:confused:

10. MetaView

Yes, as I wrote some posts ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.