PalmOs Revitalization

Discussion in 'General Palm OS' started by lukemjennings, Aug 16, 2015.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

r0k, in case you're interested, I still have several ROM images for the Palm Emulator / Simulator. On my Palm folder I see ROMs for the IIIxe, Vx, m505, plus the generic OS5 Simulators which came with their own ROM image and the T3 and TX Simulator, tailored for these models. If you want to relive your nostalgia and avoid a walk to the basement, just send me a PM with your email address and I'll send the sim stuff you want.

wozofoz likes this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

r0k, I know you're trying to block the bad memories of your Verizon Treo, so I hate to remind you. I think the model was the 755p. That's the one I liked on Sprint, but caused you and others endless problems on Verizon. Or am I the one misremembering?

3. z22 2006 User

z22 2006 User BHOT's Own Fluffy

From what I remember, that was the case.

4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Pssst! It's in r0k's sig... :vbwink: :vbtongue:

scjjtt and z22 2006 User like this.
  5. wozofoz

wozofoz Ab Fab Tab

Welcome to the forum :)
    Have a look at Blazer Tips and Tricks there might be some help there.
    There is also Opera for TX in the Palm BH.zip link @ WikiSend that follows, I didn't like Opera much but some did, if you search around you will find instructions for installing and using (I can't remember)
    Palm BH.zip link @ WikiSend follows. There are Apps and DAs plus Games, they should all be the free versions and all should work ok on the TX.

My free TX apps list is at Best Free TX Apps
    For the DAs have a look at Clever Stuff DAs etc
    Have fun :)

> >
    WikiSend link for Palm BH.zip valid for 7 days
    FireFox blocked the download saying it had malware but this can happen with Palm .PRC files because some security software don't recognize them.
    I downloaded the ZIP and scanned with Windows Defender plus Emsisoft Emergency Kit and both gave the ZIP a clean result. Of course, you should always give it a scan yourself, it's a good habit to have :vbwink:

All the best, woz of oz

6. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I have the "Blazer Tips and Tricks" link and the "Best Free TX Apps" link already on my TX help site, but I think I'll add the "Clever Stuff DAs etc" link, thanks, Woz.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
    scjjtt, wozofoz, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  7. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Thanks very much for that Woz.

wozofoz likes this.
  8. lukemjennings

lukemjennings Newbie

Thanks Woz, would you happen to have a mirror for anything pointing to the 1src apps?

wozofoz likes this.
  9. z22 2006 User

z22 2006 User BHOT's Own Fluffy

Speaking of revitalization, my sudden realization that I need to get a bit more organized prompted me to dig out the T|5 a teacher I had gave me. Kind of amazing that all these years Palm is more intuitive than an iPhone for using as a to-do list and calendar.

10. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

The internet archive, aka, the wayback machine, has some of 1src captured, but you'll have to dig thru to find the downloads (if they are available at all):

https://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.1src.com

EDIT: I'm going to leave the internet archive link there, since it may be useful to you for other things, but I haven't found any downloads for 1src there. I did find this, though, which may be useful:

https://www.palmdr.com/important-links

Palmdr is the website that Chris Short runs -- if not already mentioned, he's a very reliable resource, for Palm device repairs.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015