Palm Vx Hot Sync Failure

Discussion in 'Palm' started by vicki_sticky, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vicki_sticky

vicki_sticky Newbie

I am using Outlook 2003, XP, Palm Vx OS 3.5.

Sync has been working fine and all of the sudden I get this message:

The connection between your handheld computer and the desktop could not be established. Please check your setup and try again.

I have triple checked all the connections. It's connected through a serial port. No new users, software, anything.

Can anyone help me?

:confused:

-:?:-..? ???)) -:?:-
    ?.?? .????))
    ((??.??-:?:..??
    -:?:- Vicki -:?:-

2. ticktwrter

ticktwrter Newbie

I have the same problem. I have a Vx with OS 4.1 my unit itself has 3.5. My computer is 2.8 gig w/512 RAM, XP pro with all updates. I have been using it with 4.1 for several weeks after building a new PC with fresh install of everything. I use 2 serial cradles, one at work and one at home. I synced Thursday morning at home with no problems. Synced at work no problems, when I came home and tried to sync it said it was unable to find the connection. I only use my Palm for a calendar and address book. I don't have any other software added. I am even trying to use a Belkin serial to USB adapter with no luck. Every once in a while I get it to hot sync, then it stoped. I have tried the cradle from work with no luck either. Both cradles work on my lap top with ME. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Would uninstalling 4.1 and using 4.01 or earlier OS help?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.