Palm & Verizon

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by scjjtt, Mar 29, 2018.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

lelisa13p, jigwashere, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Scott, it looks to me that when the forums were shuffled about, that the Palm (hardware) forum was closed to both replies and new threads:
    Screenshot_2018-03-30-22-11-49-1.png

Hook and scjjtt like this.
  3. scjjtt

Hook, I figured that - I just wanted to point back to your post & you bringing that to our attention last August.

As I told my son-in-law, who sent me that news, I've gone too far with Android, Google, Chrome & Chromebooks to go back to Palm OS - although I see TCL looks to be installing Android OS.

Since I wish I could have a smaller phone & if TCL makes it powerful enough for me & have a good camera - maybe I'll get a Pre 3 yet in the package of a Pre 4.

But I seriously doubt if I'll ever own a Pre 4. First, by the time my LG G4 goes down & then I go to my more powerful LG v10 - by that time the Pre 4 may not even be around, and if so it may be obsolete. Second, even with the small Palm Centro, I used Graffiti - but a fine point stylus worked with the screen. I doubt that there would be enough real estate for me to write with my finger as I'm doing right now.

Of course what I really lament is that Web OS didn't take off & become what Google has done with their OS.

Oh well, I'll just continue to use the Pre 3 background for my background on my phones constantly reminding me what could have been.

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

Mi An, Hook, jigwashere and 1 other person like this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Fwiw, jigwashere started the thread, and Rickagresta (that's me) replied with the screenshot…
    im-just-sayingSMALL.jpeg

scjjtt, jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  5. scjjtt

Wow - how did I miss that!

Thanks Jig & Rick! I'm always interested in my PDA heritage & new news!

Sent from my LG G4 using Tapatalk

jigwashere and RickAgresta like this.
  6. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

The Palm Veer always made me go "awww". Does TCL own any IP from the HP era? Or are we just in for a treo refresh?

scjjtt likes this.
  7. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

As far as any reports I have seen, and there isn't much, TCL just bought the Palm name, logo and domain name. It's actually what killed the HP help pages since most of them had Palm.com in their path. This may simply be another Chinese Android candy-bar with a Palm logo. Not clear at all whether they are trying to do anything Palm-like with it.

8. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I didn't realize the Palm forums were closed. I don't see why that was done.

scjjtt likes this.