Palm TX & Treo 680 HotSync issues

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by ikagai, Jun 25, 2011.

1. ikagai

ikagai Newbie

I have a DELL notebook running Windows XP, with a Palm TX & Treo 680, with different user names, that I sync to Palm Desktop v4.2.
    I have Calendar & Contact data extending back to June 2000 on each. Retaining this is of critical importance.
    Recently when syncing, I has resulted in Calendar on both Desktop & handheld being cleared back to mid 2006, initially on TX & weeks later on Treo680. Other apps, Contacts, Memo, Tasks are OK. Fortunately, I have backup on each handheld, so can successfully restore Calendar on each. I have tried Custom HotSync with "Handheld overwrites Desktop" set for Calendar & "do nothing" for everything else, but it results in hotsync for Calender just running for ages with Desktop freezing.
    Assuming Desktop software problem, should I re-install v4.2 or download v6.2 to overwrite existing installed Desktop ??
    Would be happy to have fully functioning v4.2 as before if possible. Concerned a about loss of applications potential data loss with v6.2.

Please advise.

2. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

It is good that you keep a backup of your info. I use the free app NVBackup by pruss myself. Your problem sounds like a corrupted palm data base. Pimlico has an application that can diagnose and fix these problems. You can run it to see what the problems are. If it detects problems then you will need to register it to repair them with the program. Some people use the program to find the problems and manually fix it themselves.
    Pimlico Software - DbFixIt