Palm TX and LifeDrive SD or SDHC

Discussion in 'Palm' started by phoneguy69, Jun 26, 2011.

1. thwak

thwak LifeDrive/PalmIIIe

Several years ago purchasing something from Palmpowerups was a very good thing. Today, buyer beware! Palmpowerups is completely nonresponsive to any attempts to get ahold of them either through the forums or through the email address on their own website. All of Dimitry's software appears to be abandonware. So again, caveat emptor.

2. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

Lol. That's what it was like when he was in business. :D However, yes, I would approach anything you have to pay for there with extreme caution.

3. cyberqueen

cyberqueen Mobile Deity

Thanks very much for the heads-up, thwak. I had no idea, since I haven't bought anything there for several years. But I'll be a lot more cautious about recommending the site in the future.

4. thwak

thwak LifeDrive/PalmIIIe

Well, out of the blue, Dimitry responded to a thread over on 1src last night, so apparently he is still alive. Still has not responded to any of my correspondence, however.

5. Hook

Hook Helga in Disguise!

He is still around, as far as I know. However, he has a full-time job now and, as I alluded to above, his customer service was never particularly stellar when he was doing it full-time. He does not like hand holding and if someone's problem didn't interest him, he generally treated you as if you were an idiot for having the problem. That said, I bought both PowerSDHC and UDMH from him and even managed to get a new key for PowerSDHC when I had to replace the MB on my TX (his key system is tied to your specific hardware). I did business with him knowing how difficult he can be to work with and I got good products out of the deal. However, with his time crunched by work, I would be very reluctant to take a chance with him at this point. I might be wrong, but that's my take.

6. reb1

reb1 Mobile Deity

I have I have PowerDiGi, UnCache, UDMH and warpSpeed from Dimitry and he allowed new keys on the two that I had when my first TX bit the dust. You do not purchase anything from him unless you know everything there is to no about it. There have been problems with people not reading and understanding his product registration system also.