Palm Treo 755p Review

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Antoine Wright, May 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

Sounds like a job for a surgical scalpel. :eek:

2. Antoine Wright

Antoine Wright Neighborhood Mobilist Super Moderator

I thought about it, but I have to give the 755p back. It can fit though. If Palm (and their suppliers) wanted to, they could sell this battery for the 680/750 and it would roll.

I have been thinking though that there might be a 680 and 750 refresh at some point in the later year that would have the higher capacity battery and a few other niggles. Though personally, I'd love to see a Garnet OS Treo called Treo Music Edition that came with a 8GB SDHC card (updated firmware for that official support) and a few other niggles. That would be nice.

3. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

What updated firmware ?
    680 can already do that :rolleyes:
    (now if only someone can confirm this for 755p)

4. Antoine Wright

Officially speaking, its limited to 2GB. A firmware update could make that SDHC support official. Would be nice.

I assume that the 755p has SDHC support, but am not shelling out for a mini-SDHC card. I have a 8GB SDHC, 2GB mini-SD, and 2GB micro-SD...too many cards for me.

5. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

And Antoine, aren't you (and others) having problems with your Treo 680 and an 8 GB SDHC card?

6. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

I was thinking more of modding the 680 to take 755 replacement batteries. :cool:

7. PatrickS

PatrickS Gadget Magnet

I think it is interesting that Palm has not kept the phone app from the 680 but has apparently gone back to the 650's version. Bad reviews?

8. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

That is indeed an interesting observation, missed that earlier.
    Never having played with 650, I have to say I like the 680 interface.

So why did they not continue with that ? Good question, PatrickS ! ;)

9. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

The 755p is geared toward business users. Believe that Palm will be segmenting the Treo product line, aiming some models towards business/professionals with the classic Phone UI (when not WM) and others towards consumers with the 680 Phone UI. The different models should be priced accordingly. This may become clearer when Palm releases a Treo with the Linux-based OS they are working on (which I expect to be more powerful than Garnet), provided carriers do not interfere sufficiently to cloud our perceptions and mess with our expectations.

10. Antoine Wright

Ed, my SDHC card I am still looking into. It might have been a read error, but it is something that I am looking into.

The 680 being modded is an insteresting thought, but that woudl require a bit of work as the battery compartment is not as deep. I'd rather see the battery modified, but it just might be that the 680 gets the mod instead.

I believe that the phone GUI wa ssn't Palm's decsion but was Sprint's. It keeps retraining and support issues down to a minium. Though even with that look, it really could have been refreshed with cleaner/newer graphics and maybe a new feature or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.