Palm T|X --> iPhone WITH PalmDesktop...? possible?

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by gulmatan, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gulmatan

gulmatan Mobile Deity

Hi all,

Just making some long-range planning. Now that PalmOS is RIP, it'll be just a matter of time that my Palm T|X goes RIP. I'm not really a big fan of iCal but, perhaps there are conversion routines to transfer my PalmDesktop data to iCal. That would obviously make Palm T|X to iPhone migration easier.

But, I'm a major fan of Palm Desktop. Is there a way I could sync between PalmDesktop and iPhone? If so, let me know how. If not, please describe the process of transferring my Palm Desktop stuff into iCal. Thanks in advance. Much appreciated

2. nathanpc

nathanpc Mobile Deity

Remember Palm OS isn't dead!

Sorry, but this is impossible. :(

3. DragonHunter

DragonHunter Bow, bow, bow, bow

You can read my adventures here...

You have an advantage if your TX is still breathing...makes things easier.

4. brickman65

brickman65 It's a state of mind..

For now you can only sync locally through iTunes.

Are you using Palm Desktop on a Mac or PC? I am a little confused, but you should be able to send everything from PD to iCal just like you do with Outlook on a PC. Then just sync iPhone. iTunes will take of the rest.:)

Sorry I use a Mac but I always used MissingSync on my Mac and it put everything in iCal when I would sync my Palms.

5. gulmatan

gulmatan Mobile Deity

Thanks for the remind. Y'know I SHOULD put that in my sig, that I'm running my PowerBook G4 on Mac OS/X 10.4.11.

Well then, this brings up part II of my original Q. And yes, I too use MissingSync 6.0.4. So, what's the right procedure to convert/transfuse my PalmDesktop PIM over into iCal? Please be as step-by-step as possible (I want to get the procedure correct).

Thanks!

6. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

I just saw this last nite, Missing Sync for iPhone. Might be helpful? :)

It is with sadness & monumental frustration that I report that I'm unable to find iAnything to replace DateBk6. It is too comprehensive in its abilities and nothing even comes close for me, not even Pocket Informant (which many users recommend.) :( :( :( :mad: :(

7. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Dear mod, it's a good number of people that miss DateBk v.x to the point of homesick, when moving off Palm OS. JRakes is within your ranks, and his posts have the same frustrated tone. Is it really that good?

8. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

:newpalm: YES! :newpalm:

The degree to which DBk6 allows you to organize your daily life is amazing. If I had to explain it all I'd be at a loss for words. I began with DBk4 for m130 in Feb. 2003, moved to DBk5 with my move to OS5 Palm in Aug. of same year and eagerly awaited the arrival of DateBk6 a few years ago. (H & I would do the Happy Dance when new releases came out. :D H won't own up to the dancing part. :p )

The reason that the trial version is 45 days is because there are so many features and everyone has their own ways of setting up things to their satisfaction. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  9. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

<Uh, that YES was very enlightening> :D

I have never tried DateBk v.(whatever). I think... I'm gonna give it a try in the immediate future. Cause recently, my elaborated planning system, based on the Palm OS PIM apps, has turned into a good system for the management of procrastination. Kinda, reached the limit of functionality. OK, a personally-tailored version of FranklinCovey, stitched out of the Palm OS PIM apps, is slowing me down lately. As a sideline, there are FranklinCovey PIM apps -- don't even try them, better spend 90 USD or so in something else.

10. gulmatan

gulmatan Mobile Deity

I too must join the ranks. As with DateBk6, there are too many Palm apps which I've grown quite fond of and have become too fully integrated into the way I do things. Thus, without surpassed iPhone equivalents, I am also clutching quite tightly to my PalmOS app library.

Just out of curiosity, even though I could post this to the Yahoo DateBk forum, is CESD planning an iPhone version of DateBk?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.