Palm Promises New webOS Devices Are on the Way Discussion

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Ed Hardy, Jun 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  2. dunkaroo

dunkaroo Mobile Deity

Let's see how well they do this time around with HP funding things.

Palm's past product development has been slow as molasses. It would not surprise me in the lest if Palm were to release a tablet computer that would rival the 1st generation 2010 iPad, in about 5 years from now. Then, the Palm muppets can all claim how it is sooooo much better than the 1st gen iPad, and how everything that Palm touches turns to gold.

3. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

I'd be happy with a Pre Plus+ for Sprint. I've been waiting a LONG time for a refresh at Sprint! Either that or I need to get a new Treo 755p soon - somehow... Whatever it is, I need my POS apps via Classic.

I hope if it's a phone it's Palm branded. I like my "off" brands. :)

4. tmedvick

tmedvick Guy Smiley

I would have put $99 into a Pre Plus, but it is getting to the point where I need something more than that to dedicate even that much money to Palm.

All indications are that the Palm branding will stay. The company is being kept semi-autonomous within HP. A ton of resources now, though. I am looking forward to hearing what is coming.

5. AZ-TE

AZ-TE Audiophile

I am very interested to see what Palm + HP puts out, though I doubt it will be in time as I may end up with an Android device. Here is hoping they have something compelling out soon.

6. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

You are already reknown for your advocacy to Pre/WebOS, so I understand that you wish to keep the platform, but somehow trying to spend less with time. I haven't jumped into WebOS, but it's one of the two current mobile OSs that attract my attention (the other being Android). You know, one expectation I have with Palm now being part of HP, is that Palm improves its hardware focus along its interaction with HP. If you see the hardware implementations that HP has given to their Jornada and IPAQ series, just how many features make you drool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.