Palm Pre Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Ed Hardy, Jun 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alfa

Alfa PDA Driver

Read the page linked. There will also be a Windows version.

2. Hook

Hook Have keyboard, will travel

Ah, sorry, missed that. That's great news. :)

3. ward.smith

ward.smith OldSurfDog

Is it easy to import Palm contacts and calendar to their respective mac applications? I never use iCal at all but would welcome the ability to sync. Will you be able to import pims from a Centro to a Pre?

4. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

For those who are interested in more pictures and details on the internal hardware, here's some links:

PhoneWreck

iFixit

iFixit also has a teardown of the Touchstone.

6. Hook

Actually, it seems surprising to me how little discussion there is, and how much of it is complaints. It's not surprising people are having trouble with a first generation device running an all-new OS, and I know people with problems come to forums more than people without. But usually with a new device, a pretty cool one at that, people can't wait to come post that they got one. Where are all the "The Pre is out and --woohoo-- I got one" posts?

This may all be an artifact of such limited numbers of devices at release and maybe there is a large number of people here taking a wait-and-see attitude with the Pre.

Still, it seems a bit odd.

I'll be interested to see what the first week's sales figures are.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  7. DennisOS2

DennisOS2 Mobile Evangelist

Get a life!

8. berylrb

berylrb Mobile Deity

I just thought it was that the satisfied users are just having a blast seeing what all it can do! I checked out DT's link, dude they have more screen shots than two or three BH previews, wow! :p

I know as an iPhone user I'm really excited for the Pre, mainly for selfish reasons. The way I figure anything that is uber-cool on the Pre will be showing up on the iPhone with distinctive Apple flair, and vice versa.

For instance, I like the implementation on the Pre of the "cards" of course that looks very similar to the iPhone's Safari scheme, but dang Pre upped the tally and made a cool finger swipe technique to go between apps plus more functionality, now that is cool!

oh yeah ... here's what up, shout out, woo hoo! :D

9. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

Are you suggesting that because of the "silence" in these forums about the Palm Pre, it may not be doing well?

The Palm Pre was a top trending topic in Twitter for about three days, and its very hard for a phone device to reach that level. I can easily see how many people twitting about getting the Pre to reviewers like Phone Dog who can't wait to go home to unbox the box.

10. Hook

Not at all. I was just remarking. I offered no explanation nor interpretation for the observation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.