Palm Pixi Review Discussion

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by Jen Edwards, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen Edwards

Jen Edwards PocketGoddess

The Palm Pixiis the second webOS device, and is in many ways meant to be a successor to the Palm Centro. It isn't a high-powered smartphone, but it does more than your typical featurephone.

For just $99 (or as little as $24.99 from Amazon.com when purchased with a new service plan) it is a good performer that can help keep you organized and connected while on the go.

Read the full content of this Article: Palm Pixi Review

Related Articles:

Palm Pre Review

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
  2. jfa1

jfa1 Mobile Evangelist

are the key pretty much like the keys on the treo pro? they appear to be and I am curious.

3. jnajera

jnajera Mobile Deity

Yes the keys are the same as the Treo pro. This is a great little phone, my wife loves hers!

4. dunkaroo

dunkaroo Mobile Deity

No wifi + no external storage = who cares

Palm is no longer relevant. People have moved on to the iPhone, Blackberry, and Android.

5. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

The impression I've gotten from a number of people is that if you are OK with the keyboard on a Treo or Centro, you'll be fine with the keyboard on the Pixi. It's those who are used to larger, landscape-oriented keyboards that find it too cramped.

-

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  6. Scott_L

Scott_L Palm til it's gone!

That's how to put it. I was thinking it was noticeably smaller than the Treo/Centro products. I think I still like the extra features of the Pre - if they could only pull the keyboard out of the recess a bit for easier edge-of-the-kb typing. I suppose the Pixi wins on that one.

7. SeanH

SeanH Mobile Deity

I agree, Palm has not been relevant for many years. Their market share is in the super low margin low cost proprietary smart phone. I am shocked Palm is still around.

8. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

See Post #5.

9. dunkaroo

dunkaroo Mobile Deity

Thanks. I knew other people felt the same. I'm surprised that people even consider the Pixi as a smartphone. Take away the webOS and the ability to check email and it doesn't do a whole lot. There are 5 year old PDAs that do more than the Pixi! So, the Pixi is a device, but not a smartphone IMO. Trust me on this, Palm will come out with tiny incremental improvements on the Pre and Pixi in version two of each device. Adding things that should have already been there in the first place. Stuff like wifi and external storage. All the while as Apple and Blackberry, Google, etc. distance themselves further from Palm. When you think of innovation, you think Apple, Google. When you think of mediocrity, you think Palm.

And to the many Palm leftover mover-on-ers, supporters, etc. The sooner you let go, the easier. I was a Palm user for many years, and kept thinking (wishful thinking that is) that Palm would get it together. I owned many shares of stock in this company and it killed me to see them go from dominant in the PDA realm to an afterthought. Needless to say, I have lose LOTs of money on Palm over the years. Bottom line: the #1 reason for Palm's failures is their inability to listen to their customers.

10. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

You're completely ignoring the Pixi's web browser, which is one of the best out there. It easily rivals the one on the iPhone or Android.

You're also ignoring Synergy. The ability to enter a couple of user names and passwords and have the device populate itself with names, addresses, phone numbers, contact images, etc. from a veriety of online service is very, very convenient.

I challange you to find a five-year-old device that can do either of these.

It seems to me that you're looking at a device that's not right for you, and thinking that means it's not right for anyone.
    -

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.