>> Palm Pilot V 4.1.2 Help needed to migrate to Win 8.1 <<<

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Presidio, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Presidio

Presidio Newbie

Fellow Brighthand members,
    Your assistance is appreciated with the following Palm Pilot V 4.1.2. request.
    My commitment: If successful I promise to post results for the benefits of all forum members.

Status: I have a trusted Palm Pilot V 4.1.2 in Windows Vista.

Objective:
    Move Palm Pilot V 4.1.2 from Windows Vista To: Windows 8.1 (new computer).
    Instructions are limited to non-existent online to successfully complete this effort.

Questions:

1) Is it possible to install Palm Pilot V 6.2 on Win 8.1 USING palm pilot V 4.1.2 database (backup) file to make it work?
    Would Palm Pilot V 6.2 READ/accept Palm Pilot V 4.1.2 database (backup file) file to work?
    I plan to install Accera's 64 bit driver as part of this process.

2) Please share detail instructions (if you have experience) to successfully complete this effort.

Thanks in advance.

Presidio.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

For clarification: when you say Palm Pilot V 4.1.2, do you really mean Palm Desktop version 4.1.2?

3. Presidio

Presidio Newbie

yes, sir. Palm Desktop version 4.1.2.

4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

It also would help to know the exact model of Palm you have as that could make some difference. For example, if you have a device with Palm OS 4.x, you would need, in addition to the Aceeca drivers, a utility by CESD called PalmHotSyncSetup in order to sync the device with Palm Desktop v. 6.2. You can download the utility from the bottom of THIS PAGE.

I believe the easiest method is going to be to make sure you've synced your handheld so it is up to date on your old setup, then install Palm Desktop 6.2 on your new setup, get the drivers working and sync letting handheld overwrite desktop. No having to figure out what to move or compatibility issues.

RickAgresta likes this.
  5. Presidio

Presidio Newbie

Thanks, Hook. the only info I have from the "about" section in palm software is "Palm Desktop version 4.1.2." It would be appreciated if anyone can share guidance to successfully install this version in Win 8.1. along w/ the CESD info you provided. ; -)

6. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I think you are looking at about on the windows application. Look for an about menu option on you Palm (but don't lauch any apps or you will get the about for that app) . Alternatively, go HERE, go through the pages until you find your Palm model and tell us the model and which OS is listed.

By the way, I don't have any experience with what you are trying to do and except to occasionally play around, I haven't used a Palm device since 2008. I can point you to helpful stuff, but I may not be able to give you exact directions. Sorry.

RickAgresta likes this.